Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice Fox Farm now offers a Hydro version of Grow Big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone notice Fox Farm now offers a Hydro version of Grow Big?

I see Fox Farm now sells Hydro!. Numbers are different.

6-44 verses 326. I bet the soil provides buffering but what do I know. I bet you could use the soil stuff in hydro using %50 less at feed .

Comment

Any one hear anything about Kush Van Stitch Auto?

Comment

I bet it’s made differently since it sit in reservoirs does it have the same ingredients?

Comment

It's also recommended for use with coco coir.
          I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
          Blue Mystic (7 gal)
          VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
          Coco Coir w/30% perlite
          Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• Deadhead91
            Deadhead91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use the soil one for the coco loco they make but it works perfect for me and I do everything full strength

I guess FF is trying out a new nitch!

Comment

Looks to me as if the soil version is stronger and will buffer out PH wise better in soil. I bet you still could still use the soil Grow big in hydro. as long as you reduce the amount about 50%. I bet the Hydro stuff although weaker, is more stable PH wise in Hydro though.
            Last edited by dontknownuttin; 03-24-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Fox Farm bottles have been reported as being open on delivery (no factory seal.) . They changed over to those unsealed bottles recently to keep the microbs alive longer (need air). I got an email response from Foxfarm.

Comment

I was hopeing someone here could give opinion on using the Fox Farm. Grow big soil blend in Hydro. The numbers are diferant than the soil version and yet People have used the soil version in there Hydro grows for some time.

Comment

• Deadhead91
                  Deadhead91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But they use the soil at usually 1/2 strength in hydro, so they formulated it to not be so hot probably

This info. could be of importance to a new grower don't ya think?.

Comment

• Deadhead91
                  Deadhead91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I recommend researching everything you do or get it is what I do check multiple sites for review and forums for personal testimonials, I’m only on my second grow ever, I just read all the time about growing

I know nuttin and told the store so, .After spending $1,300 and acting totally under advisement from the store,I used the Grow Big soil version on several grows AT FULL STRENGH they even sold me refills of the same product 3 times!. . Each time my plants crashed and burned. I was using Grow big soil this is what the "experts" at the grow store "set me up" to fail with so to speak.. It would have been nice to be given a "heads up" or see a note about using a reduced dosage such as use only 50% if growing Hydro. I understand even Fox Farm does NOT recommend using this product for Hydro grows (I know, I called em). I guess you could use it in a pinch, for a short time but far less then full strength.In a soil grow, this product I understand would work great in soil as I now understand the soil acts like a "buffer". I will order the Hydro stuff next time. why do you suppose they sold me a Hydro set up 100% and then supply the wrong newreants is this what our University's are putting out these days after all, customer service is everything. Now, if only I can get my wife to bring me a cold beer on the couch and go outside to to wax the car...... I guess we all can all only dream.
                Last edited by dontknownuttin; 03-28-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Deadhead91
                  Deadhead91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used the soil one in coco and I’ve done full strength last grow was perfect but this grow it seems a little hotter so I think genetics and strain play a huge role I think too

Foxfarm's Grow Big soil formula(greenbottle)has an NPK of 6-4-4 The hydro version of grow big (blue bottle) and has a NPK of 3-2-6. I wonder how they went about formulating their soil vs hydro NPK values. Personally I think I'd rather use the hydro formula for hydro and increase the Nitrogen in veg rather than increasing the potassium on the Soil formula

Comment

• Deadhead91
                  Deadhead91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It has to do with the difference of how the nutrients get taken up in each different medium, how the mediums affect the life cycles also. Hope that helps a little

Comment

Official site of The Week Magazine, offering commentary and analysis of the day's breaking news and current events as well as arts, entertainment, people and gossip, and political cartoons.

Comment

• Deadhead91
                    Deadhead91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anything for a scare tactic, what a joke.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X