Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    I cant say for certain but you made it sound as though i was concluding that autoflowers end up costing more for their added hours of light. Which was not what i was trying to get accross. I was saying that the overall efficiency is unchanged, meaning all that is really different is the time it takes to harvest. The plants efficiency towards light is unchanged, as such just like you have concluded the cost per yield is identicle. Should i make this more clear ?

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Morning Obi-Wan, your answers are even better an easier to understand, keep up the excellent advice-information
    Ps- we ain't to smart around my house. lol

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    Another great article!! During my limited time growing indoors I have experimented with what I consider to be the 3 most common vegetative light cycles (18/6,20/4,24/0) for photoperiod plants and my experience has been on par with what you have written here. What I have found is that plants in my garden require 675-700 kWh of light to reach the growth that I desire before the flowering cycle. I have been able to achieve this growth in 28-30 days with a 24/0 light cycle, 34-38 days with a 20/4 light cycle, and 37-42 days with a 18/6 light cycle. In all 3 cases the difference in kWh used is marginal when taken in the context of the entire grow but growing a receptive plant under 24/0 vs.18/6 could save as much as 14 days of vegetative time . I personally want to make the switch to 12/12 as quickly as possible with photoperiod plants because the longer light cycle of the vegetative stage is the most costly. Having said that, I don't think you can simply compare the cost of light cycles when addressing Auto- flowers due to their need for increased light in order to maximize yield. While I agree that the increased yield of a 24/0 light cycle for an Auto-flower comes at the expense of increased cost, if compared to a photoperiod grow of the same yield the cost increase is almost negligible due to their overall rapid maturation rates. I can have a photoperiod plant in the vegetative stage for 28 days @ 24/0(672kWh) and flowering cycle for 70 days @ 12/12(840kWh) for a total of 1512 kWh used while an Auto-flower that matures in 60 days under 24/0 uses a total of 1440 kWh.

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    started a topic The Light Cycle Debate

The Light Cycle Debate

Removed for security reasons
    Last edited by DrPhoton; 10-12-2018, 06:17 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X