Bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs?

I have a 2ft T5 ballast with 2 bulbs mounted above a shelf and have a clone tray/humidity dome that I use for clones, seedlings and currently hot peppers. I have about 14 hot pepper plants about a month old and I put my 2 jiffy pellets with my next auto seeds in with them. Yesterday I took a close look at the seedling that popped and was studying the one that didn't pop yet and I noticed very very tiny light colored bugs running around here and there over the jiffy pellet casing and near the top of the soil. What might these insects be and I assume they will grow into larger pests. I haven't noticed any in the flower tent or my auto tent, just in the clone dome. I've heard of bugs coming with soil, but if not the soil, where did they come from? Are they cause for concern at this stage and what might I do about them? Thanks!

Howdy gdogfunkly, Can You post some photos (close ups would be very helpful) of these critters? The photos might be helpful for someone to identify the bugs and where or how they got there.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I tried to use my loupe with my phone and this is the best I could get. I thought I had some clearer, but I may need to get out the good camera. Can you tell what that is? There were 5-7 running around each jiffy pellet.

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think thay will get bigger, just more of them as thay reproduce,u say u placed the mj seeds in jiffy pellets,what about the peppers? If u used a bag soil from Walmart or most home improvement stores this could be where u picked them up. The solution to your problem is to treat the soil so that thay can’t borrow in to the soil to reproduce,look at the GWE main site under bugs for your answers lol

Aphids?? Kind of blurry can't really tell. What kind of soil? Some people say they get bugs from certain soil like fox farms ocean forest... but I've never had that problem. I'd think if there were hot peppers there wouldn't be bugs. Hope they don't eat your sprouts.
      Last edited by Chefbjy; 03-20-2018, 06:01 PM. Reason: Hot peppers?
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. It's hard to tell from the pic but does look like an aphid. Better get on that!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X