• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Red Stems Plants stressed help!

Ok im a new grower, this is my 4th crop. Current set up:
    Closet Indoor 4ft.x5ft. (20sq.ft)
    Current crop still Vegging.
    300w Niello Full Spec (Veg+Bloom ON) and 2 2x32w6500k "Daylight" t8 bars. Lights are 33" from the canopy line.
    Temps: 64-80 (Night to Hot Day) RH: 40-55%
    No co2 measurement or supplementation.
    More than one type of growing medium so i will not go into complete detail but all water is PH'd as per medium (Soil, CoCo, Mix)
    Watering Scheduele: Water - Nutes - Water - Nutes (for coco and soil)
    Always 20% runoff to reduce salt and mineral buildup (I use Fox Farm)
    Watering once a week, maybe twice on the biggest plant. i lift the pots and check knuckle deep to test the soil dryness.

I have multiple questions/issues and they all kind of tie into one another, For my first 3 crops I was using a 2000w Full Spec. Chinese LED that was about 40" from the canopy. I was still using this light until earlier today as a final attempt to rid my poor plants of the "Red Stems" mentioned in my title. All 4 crops ive grown in this closet have had these same bright red stems that turn pink and purple and are coupled by "woody" and brittle stem growth. My earlier crops were not regulated as far as humidity and temps go, but this one has been from the start. That being said, i noticed with this crop that the red stems only start when the plant gets taller, more toward the light.After weeks of thought i have narrowed it down to the 2000w just being too powerful and switched it out for the 300 on Both specs at 33". Does this sound plausible? I also have this crazy bubbling on my leaves and a slight "Taco" that makes me think they are being overwatered but i do not water them until they are almost bone dry to the pot lift. Ill include pics of everything.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Could it possibly be maybe that since you had a more powerful light, that it needed more nutes to use all the light and can we get a pic of the light to see the red to blue ratio and if there are a bunch of white lights and did you check the light spectrum with a gauge?

Comment

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also I just noticed you have your lights too far away I have a 300w led and I keep it 18 to 12 inches away that is probably making it stretch instead of a balanced growth I notice with this and last grow the closer the light the tighter the growth gets instead of a far stretch also it could be the genetics what is the full list of everything your doing and using?

• Snowman0127
      Snowman0127 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was not expecting an answer so quickly thank you! Let me go more into detail:
      I do not only use Fox Farm as i have been educated to the extensive needs of a plant to thrive and i also use Speedy Veg (a 32 micro nutrient with no nitrogen) with every nute feed. PPMS (ecx500) 300-400 first 2 weeks veg and 400-550 second 2 weeks. right before flower i give them a 600ppm mix of Veg and Bloom (1/2 and 1/2) and stay at 700 ish the rest of flower. I have eliminated it being Phos. or Potassium deficiency as the only real leaf symptoms i see are more towards the top of the plant and last crop right at flower i lost all my fans very very quickly from the top down, also making me think its from light stress when the phos. leaves the leaf the light just eats it away. Am i maybe close to right? No i do not have access to a PAR meter or can i afford one.

• Snowman0127
      Snowman0127 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like i said i used the 2000w full spec for 3 crops and half of this current one, having only switched to the 300w literally earlier today.

I was not expecting an answer so quickly thank you! Let me go more into detail:
    I do not only use Fox Farm as i have been educated to the extensive needs of a plant to thrive and i also use Speedy Veg (a 32 micro nutrient with no nitrogen) with every nute feed. PPMS (ecx500) 300-400 first 2 weeks veg and 400-550 second 2 weeks. right before flower i give them a 600ppm mix of Veg and Bloom (1/2 and 1/2) and stay at 700 ish the rest of flower. I have eliminated it being Phos. or Potassium deficiency as the only real leaf symptoms i see are more towards the top of the plant and last crop right at flower i lost all my fans very very quickly from the top down, also making me think its from light stress when the phos. leaves the leaf the light just eats it away. Am i maybe close to right? No i do not have access to a PAR meter or can i afford one.

Comment

Are you using a calcium magnesium supplement?

Comment

• Snowman0127
        Snowman0127 commented
        Editing a comment
        i do 1 tsp. cal mag per gallon every other just water flush. (water+calmag, nutes, water, nutes) Coco PH in: 5.8 out: 5.7
        soil ph in 6.5 out 6.3 ( i know i know, i amended this issue with a little liquified dolomite lime)

• Snowman0127
        Snowman0127 commented
        Editing a comment
        and ive now lowered the canopy height to 28" from the tallest plant

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do 5ml every feed of the sensi cal mag xtra look at cal mag defiency to see if it is that

It could just be heat stress if it is in the 80s

Comment

Hey Dead Head thanks for all the help!

Comment

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem got to help each other anyway we can for the greater of the Medicine, what ended up being the issues? Or was it a combo of a bunch?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X