Soil & Nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil & Nutrients

Just wondering if i am supposed to buy a certain soil or if any will do.

What would be the best nutrients to go for? I was thinking not to use it so it does not effect my taste and flavour of buds.

Originally posted by iGrow420710 View Post
    Just wondering if i am supposed to buy a certain soil or if any will do.

What would be the best nutrients to go for? I was thinking not to use it so it does not effect my taste and flavour of buds.
    Man, you are almost there. Just visit this forum's mother site, growweedeasy.com and all your questions will be answered. Awesome site, great info.

To answer your questions, yes, you want a premium soil, not the $1.99 a bag stuff you see stacked on a pallet at the hardware store at this time of year. Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 25% perlite added is a good choice, but do go to the website linked above and read up. You'll find info on fertilizers there too. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Solid advice there I add about 20% to my FFOF and get good results. As long Kush mentions below the stuff in the FFOF should get you through veg as long as you’re not doing an extended veg time. If you’ve got a grow shop local buy it local much cheaper than having it shipped, and I just use the black gold perlite I get at the local gardening center. I’d also highly recommend fabric pots like you’ll see recommended on the site.

Yea you are most definitely going to appreciate a soil reccomendation. Are you in an area that has hydroponic stores?
    Fox farms ocean forest is extremely popular. It's what I use. And for good reason (it works for cannabis).
    grab anyone's Bloom stage nutrients for $20 a quart and that might be the only thing you need.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKush View Post
      Yea you are most definitely going to appreciate a soil reccomendation. Are you in an area that has hydroponic stores?
      Fox farms ocean forest is extremely popular. It's what I use. And for good reason (it works for cannabis).
      grab anyone's Bloom stage nutrients for $20 a quart and that might be the only thing you need.
      I am from UK. So I can get to local places

Comment

Just a thought to consider: Drain-to-waste coco coir is easy, forgiving, and works great. Highly recommended.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X