Favorite wax methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite wax methods

Because we are so very close to our first harvest Igot Azlyn an early x mas gift: the Micro Vape v3 pen by Vaped. Was gonna go with the Ghost by Dr. Dabber but that's what she wanted lol. Anyway... we will be making our own wax using bubble hash from trim. Just wondering what methods everyone else enjoys for making dabs and waxes.

You should be able to use the highest grade bubble to vape right as it is, aka full melt.

Alternatively you could rosin press the lower quality bubble but make sure it isn't too dry or you'll just be pressing it into a hash nugget (which actually sounds quite tasty right now, mmmmmm hash nuggets).

School me on making bubble is a great thread on making full melt bubble hash and @herbivore21 is a really friendly user who has dialed his process down to perfection. I hashly recommend you read it through.

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      My way is safe!!!

It won't harden up till all impurities are gone!!

Just gotta trust me here....it's da bomb...lol

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      I get three grams of dabs off one blast

• MoreNurgzPlz
      MoreNurgzPlz commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough fella, it wasn't a criticism, just an opinion. And I do trust your opinion, read a lot of your posts and I like the way you think. I don't personally do solvent based extractions as Rosin has my concentrate needs covered and I don't need to worry about high returns as the chips can be reused and..... well I grow my own

I got a tip. Do not gring your material. You could end up with plant fiber in your hash. I do bho with my trimmings and stems from buds that I smoke.

Comment

• MoreNurgzPlz
      MoreNurgzPlz commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a good tip! Don't grind the trim, I concur.

I have a pretty good way of making dabbs...

I know a lot of people don't like butane dabbs but hear me out... Get a glass blast tube ...mine holds 1 oz. Of trim or a little under an oz. of grinded buds... Grind up all greenery and medium pack glass tube with it.

Now here is where it gets MacGyver like....I build my own heat induction chamber ....get a cooking pot big enough for Mac and cheese...inside that on bottom put a coffee/tea saucer.....

Okay now find a drinking glass made of glass that is short and fat....a bigger shot glass will work fine... whatever you use it has to fit into another bigger glass jar....

Now go outside and blast your tube filled with greenery into the small glass... let it air off for about 10 minutes

Set that glass on the saucer in the cooking pot
    Now sit the glass jar upside down over the small glass in the cooking pot....(on stove top)

Now your blasted greens will be gooey and very sticky...some people stop here....noooo

Turn on burner on VERY low heat...like a 1 setting...no more than 2....now the whole set up needs to heat up...
    After about a half hour take a tooth pick and stir up the goo a little bit....you are slowly heating up and extracting all left over gas residue.....so stir that up every 20 minutes to half hour till it hardens up and is no longer sticky...

Remove from heat and let cool off a minute...and then dabb away.... Taste good and it gets your boat floating!!!

I inserted a quick pic of a potential set up....you get the idea tho...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161122-165323.png
Views:	97
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	18742

Easy pz...

Comment

• MoreNurgzPlz
      MoreNurgzPlz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a good technique but I'd be concerned about residual butane in the final product. You really do need a vacuum to fully extract all the solvent. Just my 2cents worth.

• Wannabebotanist23
      Wannabebotanist23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just saving this masterpiece for if i want to try it, i like dabs but theres nothing like smoking buds

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      It won't harden up till all crap is gone...
      It's usually a pretty blond color

I do a simple alcohol extraction. There are various methods. Once I get that done i float it in hot bath until it's thick and gooey.
    SSD

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I used everclear

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes..that takes way longer...and is a bit messier in my opinion... definitely get more yield with butane as well.

But yes that works...

• MoreNurgzPlz
      MoreNurgzPlz commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you doing just a basic quick wash? As in about 20 - 25 seconds with ice cold ISO and frozen trim?

I use 99.9% ethynol if I can get it. Save that I use isopropyl.
    SSD

Comment

Btw don't blast over Pyrex. The scraping days are over . Use PTFE sheets

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
        Btw don't blast over Pyrex. The scraping days are over . Use PTFE sheets
        That's why I blast right into that first glass so I don't have to scrape....

Comment

I also just watched a video of the Terpine Institute in Colorado. In it this guy mentioned you can't make bubble hash into dabs. What truth is there in this? I know it's kinda bs because I've seen it done. Or is there a difference between dabs and wax?

Comment

• Green75
            Green75 commented
            Editing a comment
            No clue how to make shatter

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I know how. First you need your bubble hash already dry and in a dust form. Then grab a tool for dabing and gently warm the tip. Proceed to dip in the hash and some of it will melt on tool. Repeat process until right dab size achieved and then just smoke it

• Pankace
            Pankace commented
            Editing a comment
            I see a lot of people using rosin bags and squishing their material between parchment paper with a hair straightener. I've also seen a simple method from what you just mentioned: put your kief between a folded piece of parchment paper and use a heated dab tool to smooth out over the kief inside the paper until melted. No messy rosin bag needed. This is the method I might approach for making rosin.

Thanks to 9fingerleafs, I now understand what a dab actually is. It wasn't exactly what I thought. I did some more research and now I know you can't dab bubble hash until you press it into rosin. Duh lol

Comment

I'm about to start pressing! I built a 12ton press from a YouTube video I saw. Lots to learn!
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Vapo69
            Vapo69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Sonnyhad are you gonna start a thread dude, I would love to see the press you built dude.

Hey Vapo69, I might just do that. Lots to learn and I'd like to hear what others are doing as well!
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would like to check that out as well Sonnyhad

My bottle jack sprang a leak, waiting for a replacement! damn!
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X