Black Gold Organic potting soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Gold Organic potting soil

Using Black Gold at $8/9.00 per 16qt bag , thoughts on re using ? Some nutrients should have been used up or lost , is it worth testing or blending down with new or is it to much of a risk screwing with it ?

You can reuse it if you want - many here would say no - just flush the soil with lots of water to get rid of lingering nutes.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ok , Thanks ! Or the GF will blend it down and use for her flowers ....

Comment

the way to truly use your soil again is to start reading about Biodynamics and living soil preparations, and No-Till gardening. Paracelsus is a member well versed in this.

Most of us soil growers re-purpose used potting soil after one use. Put it out in the yard or garden somewhere. Our planters, garden and flowers end up the best in the neighborhood lol!

when you think about the value of the harvest for cannabis (4 ounces per plant x $200 each) a few extra dollars on fresh soil is insignificant to costs but could cause you a whole mess of headaches trying to reuse plain bagged potting soil. It's just not worth it in my perspective.

Comment

Those were somewhat my thoughts , but was curious .

Comment

Tried it, sucked.

Comment

The black gold worked well? I’ve wondered about it
              48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
              600w mh/hps
              32”x32”x63” veg tent
              viparspectra PAR 450 led
              FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
              5 gallon Smart Pots
              Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
              Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

There's two different Black Gold's , bags look similar , you want the natural and organic plus fertilizer . $8.00 bucks (16 qt. bag ) at local Ace hardware. Saw it recommended on another site.

Comment

For eight dollars, Why?

Comment

Around $16.00 online , not sure why they can sell so cheap . There website list it for $8.99 , I think the local store has it entered wrong in there computer ...

Comment

• Locrian99
                      Locrian99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Soil is cheaper locally because of shipping costs.

Not sure about that as they have four shipping locations ... none close to where i live . And they only carry one or two bags of it and re order when it sells .

Comment

• Locrian99
                      Locrian99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah. Well in my experience looking on amazon f you get free shipping it’s about 20 bucks more a bag if you don’t it’s close to the same but you pay about 20 bucks in shipping.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X