Storing CannaButter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing CannaButter

How long does butter stay potent when refrigerated?
    Should butter be frozen? If so, does long-term storage, say, 6 months, affect the potency?

Freezing is always preferable for long term storage of butter and some other cannabis products. Refrigerated should last as long as normal butter would be good in a fridge. 4-5 months?

Comment

Wife stores her cannabutter in the fridge, she usually uses her Mason jar full that she makes in about a month or month and a half. She made a double batch once and stored it in the freezer as Dutchman1 mentioned, and that batch was fine. As long as it is sealed in something like a Mason jar or sealed storage container, it will not take on any funky fridge odors. I honestly doubt over time it is going to lose any potency. Just like your buds being stored....

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed.

Thx...this really is a quality site. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Pyro1711
        Pyro1711 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wife wanted me to ask your cooking method of the butter your making. Or are you using a magic butter machine...

Hey pfradonman, you can increase storage time in freezer by using a food saver and vacuum sealing it.

Comment

Thanks. I have one of those and that was my initial thought. I appreciate your response

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X