bubbleponics deep water culture..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bubbleponics deep water culture..

hi everyone ive set up my dwc system, but does anyone know any tricks to reduce the humming / vibration from a powerful air pump???

Man, I feel your pain. There is a brand out there called "Silent Giant." That might be a start. I found that keeping the airstone suspended in the water column so it wasn't making the reservoir vibrate like a drum helped. Something else to consider is a submersible, in-aquarium pump. It not only swirls the water around, but they come with venturi hoses that suck in air. They are much quieter than diaphragm air pumps.

Comment

Howdy mitch1075, The Aqua Active brand of air pumps run very quite, but I have all of my air pumps and oscillating fans mounted (if You can call duct tape mounting! LOL) on foam rubber (packaging foam from various things) sandwiched between corrugated cardboard. The duct tape keeps every thing in place. I use corrugated card board because it is somewhat ridged and it tends to have a dampening affect of it's own, especially with high frequencies, like motors and fan blades make. The foam rubber helps to reduce the transmission of the noise (vibrations) thru the shelf and into the wall. Any ridged hard surface will transmit the vibration and noise, and if the surface is just right, even amplify it. I also have bubble wrap around the reservoirs for thermal insulation but it helps to dampen the noise as well.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• mitch1075
        mitch1075 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for your help mate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X