Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those interested in the cannabis law in Canada

this is a new site dedicated to cannabis in Canada
    theleafnews.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, theleafnews.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

for anybody who is in the know
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Camk_ thanks for the link_ gonna give out a good read. Canada's laws are of great interest to me because I travel there at least 4 times a year and have been investing in Canadian MJ companies for over two years now. The upcoming recreational legislation is going to be a milestone (no pun intended, haha). I think these producers have done a lot of research because they have been spending a lot of $$$ on every aspect of the industry. It is interesting times and if recreational passes this coming June/July then they will be the first country on the planet to do that. And the big growers there already have markets developed for export to Germany, Australia and Israel (among others). Most of them haven't been considering sales in the US yet because of federal laws. interesting times....
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

yes it is!
      i wish i had put some money into stocks here but ...
      its fun to watch it unfold and to see how greatly uninformed our municipalities are
      Manitoba and Quebec setting themselves up for suites against the prohibition to grow
      flying in the face of federal governments recommendations

Fun Fun
      4'x 6' x 8' room
      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
      sunshine mix #4
      mega crop nutes
      current grow
      cd-1
      jack herer
      afghan kush
      green doctor

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        My thoughts exactly - my financial investor is changing some of portfolio to include a weed company. He said a couple years ago there were 40 or so of these companies to invest in, now over 550, so one has to be careful. He compared it to when tech companies poured onto the market years ago.

I'll be watching and waiting for sure. After that first surge in the market I'm now prepared to get back in and am doing it a bit at a time.
      If it does pass, the different provinces get their distribution and sales figured out and the supply doesn't outpace the demand then all could go really well. If you read all the talk about what is going to happen with the market its based almost entirely on very limited aspects of the market and types of products that can be made available to generate additional income. It seem like the Yukon and NWT are the only ones not talking about 1 M sq ft. grow facilities!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the polar bears and melting ice packs have something to do with those territories.

these big companies like canopy and hydropotherapy are expanding at phenomenal rates
      i order medical from hydropotherapy and broken coast
      once i get (if i ever get) my medical grow card i wont have to purchase nearly as much from them

4'x 6' x 8' room
      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
      sunshine mix #4
      mega crop nutes
      current grow
      cd-1
      jack herer
      afghan kush
      green doctor

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a lot of canopy, aurora and some others and took my profits a few months back and now have started reinvesting. the the have kinda stabilized on the lower end.
        I haven't heard of hydrotherapy or broken coast_ I should check them out. Thanks! How much can you grow with the med grow card?

• Camk
        Camk commented
        Editing a comment
        ill just be doing 3 or 4 but i think once i have it up to 30

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd need some serious space to grow 30 plants plus you'd be working for hours on them every day once they got into the 12/12 and really started putting on the stretch! 3-4 much more manageable. I should really limit myself to that but can't ever seem to resist planting another strain or two. Only time I did three was when the rest of them didn't sprout or were obviously not going to do well enough to justify taking up space the others could use.

Thanks Camk that site is cool. I will keep an eye on it!
      Setup
      4’x4’x6.6’
      600W MH
      2x innova 19w full spec led
      175cfm fan, can 33 filter
      8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

Just curious for those in Canada or wherever ..... will there be a market for the smaller commercial operations (ma and pa operations, 100 plants or so ) or will the big money operations control it all ? Illegal where i'm at but following how it goes in other areas as our goal is to go commercial when its legal but on a smaller scale than the million dollar operations .

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          There have been pot-selling stores operating illegally for years. Mostly in Vancouver Toronto and Montreal. Police have raided them in the past, not so much this year. In BC they are probably just going to license these smaller stores, cuz there were plans to sell it government liquor stores.
          Bigger companies can hardly keep up with demand for medical marijuana, they have been ratted out on for selling mj that has been dried and cured for less than a week. If that's the case, I'll dabble a bit with a known company 'Cannabis Culture'. That would be the couple Jodi/Marc Emery , they also s o own 'Crop King Seeds'

Any idea as to what the permits/fees will run in Canada ? I've read where some in the United States are charging $20,000.00 plus for permits . Limits who's gonna play and not in hurry . . .

Comment

I'm subbed. Canada is going to pave the way for the US regulatory market. This will be a cool thread to share progress and updates.. thanks for starting!
          Instagram: @farmerjim420
          What is VPD?
          diygrowdata.com

Completed:
          #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
          Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
          In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
          In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
          • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
          • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
          • #diyrdwc
          • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Where do folks get your industry news? I like New Cannabis Ventures
            Contributing original content and curating quality news on only the most promising cannabis companies and the most influential investors, allowing you to save time as you stay on top of the latest trends in this dynamic industry #home
            What is VPD?
            diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
            • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
            • #diyrdwc

Comment

In Australia a Canadian company has applied for permits to build a grow facility covering 30 acres producing 220,000 lbs of cannabis per year

Comment

the US is watching us closely
                companies are already complaining that we have cornered the market and with trump if he really has any business sense will stop this useless war on drugs and dive in fully
                4'x 6' x 8' room
                2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                sunshine mix #4
                mega crop nutes
                current grow
                cd-1
                jack herer
                afghan kush
                green doctor

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trump doesn't even know where Canada is

• Camk
                  Camk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  your right he's one weird orange man

That's for sure! Heck I bet Trump even has some MJ stocks in his portfolio he may not even know about! HAHA! jokes on him! A lot of portfolio managers have been dabbling in mj stocks_ especially the Canadian ones_ especially when the American exchanges are down. Being the lazy putz he is I'l bet he leaves all that up to others and doesn't get involved. The democrats should investigate his investment portfolio to see if this is the case_ it would make him look like even more of an ass.I hope it is!

Comment

for those of you Canadians willing to give it a go
                  you can sign up for 100 free seeds
                  or go help sort seeds if you live in the area
                  4'x 6' x 8' room
                  2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                  sunshine mix #4
                  mega crop nutes
                  current grow
                  cd-1
                  jack herer
                  afghan kush
                  green doctor

Comment

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But the seeds they are offering have minimal THC.

The Trump administration is seeking comments from Americans about whether marijuana should be rescheduled under international drug treaties.
                  What is VPD?
                  diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
                  • #diyrdwc

Comment

• Camk
                    Camk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i seen that i knew it wouldn't be long before trump admin saw the fact they were loosing out on billions

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X