Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First try at Auto's, looking for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, had a 1/4 pounder auto pop her head out today, way late but she's joining the party. So now there's three autos, 1 purple Kush, 1 amnesia, and 1 1/4 pounder.
    ive also started some photos and after soaking in water for 24 hrs, all cracked so they went in rapid rooters and soil. It's hopefully going to be a big buffet when I'm done.
    havent fed biggest one yet, but soon will. Only 1/4 to 1/3 for first few feedings. Wish me luck. Cheers.

Comment

Yes! Good to hear you others are coming to life_ always so nice to see. Looks like you still have some snow. Lucky for us ours is starting to melt away. It was warm yesterday_ almost 40 degrees when the sun was out_ Spring is on the way! Hope your babies grow big and strong_cheers.
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Chowder
        Chowder commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ZZ, we had what we thought was a month of spring before this last series of snow storms. But, it will soon melt. Also, I had another Amnesia auto sprout today! Sweet. Also, have my "yellow house" dialed in for temp, etc, so I think I'm ready to go. I seen one of your grow journals! Excellent work, very detailed and has lots of info for anyone looking for a day by day guide on how to grow. I plan to read in detail and apply to my current grow. Cheers.

Update, my purple kush auto and amnesia auto are in their final pots, one is 7 gal, the other is 10gal. They're liking their new home, but the purple kush did not like having a plastic dome on her. But now she's standing straight up. I have some garden cloches from the dollarstore, which are really nice, especially for the price. They are good size, 12" tall and 13" on base with an adjustable vent on top.
      I gave them each a drink with 1/4 nutrients, and they are good to go. I have a couple moisture/ph soil gauges on the way. I seen them in one of "old jar head" posts and they look like what I need. I'm a little concerned about when to water my plants, I do the finger test but would like a number. I don't want to overwater. I think next feeding will be just ph'd water. Anyone have thoughts, comments on alternating every other water with nutrients? Please share.
      and best bit of news is for last! I've had two more autos pop up, another amnesia along with the 1/4 pounder, so that's four autos in total. 2 amnesia, 1 purple kush, and 1 1/4 pounder.
      Previously, I mentioned I was concerned about my germination rate of my autos, so I started some photos too, well, all 9 of the photos popped and sprouted and are doing well. They're still in the main house for a bit. But now I went from not enough to too many. I guess I'll mange somehow.
      i need to start reading about growing photos and autos together! Not sure how it will turn out but Im sure I'm going to learn a lot, lol.

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the upturned leaves. There happy.

I think you're on the right track. when going directly into 5 gallon or larger containers its easy to overwater. I start by mixing 1/4 strength nutrient water into the medium until I can form "snow balls" but not enough to squeeze water out. Then put that into the containers and let it sit for a day before transplanting. Once transplanted water about 2" from the stems_a little bit at a time. since the roots won't reach down into the bottom of the containers the medium down there will hold its moisture for quite a while_ seems to work well_ don't put any water on a cube or rooter if you're using them. Otherwise just don't let the stem get too wet or you might get some damping off. I've have that before when I got the rapid rooters too wet....The rooters just hold too much moisture around the delicate stem when they are that young. Looks to me like those babes are on their way to a healthy and happy future. When I've done autos and photoperiod at the same time under one set of lights you need to time your photoperiods for those plants and not worry about the autos. Since the autos have the potential to grow more with more light they may be a little less productive than they might have been if you could have left the lights on longer every day throughout the grow but you really have no choice if you have photoperiod plants going at the same time. What seems to work the best for me is starting the first two weeks at 16 hrs of light then 20 hrs for the third week and then 22 hrs for the fourth-fifth week. Then about the 5-6th week I cut the light back to 14/10, then 12/12 the second week. Then the least week go to only 11 hrs of light. Your autos will likely mature first, then the photoperiods might not be ready for another 2-3 weeks. Seems how it has gone by my experience. But I'm sure the genetics are influencing the timing aspects as well. Cheers and happy growing!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Good Day!
        9 little girls are standing tall. Maybe a little thin but they're under t5 right now and going out to the yellow house tomorrow under brighter lights. Was hoping to have more time in between autos and photos but.......whatever! I love learning as I go. lol
        one pic has my girls hanging out with some lemon boy tomato plants and a few other veggies plants coming up. I love growing everything and it helps with my marijuna growing too. I hope to possibly try some plant training, LST, Topping, on my tomato plants this year.

Comment

Got all the plants under a mix of lights in the yellow house now. Gave everyone another feeding, was first feeding for newest plants.
          im using Medi-One by Green Planet. Anyone use this before please share your opinion. Thanks

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            I've heard of Green Planet, never heard of Medi-One

• Chowder
            Chowder commented
            Editing a comment
            It's from " DR. Hornby", from what I've been told, he was with advanced nutrients but left and took several recipes with him.
            This is a one part fertilizer from veg to bloom, and has a lot of organic martial in it fish, kelp. It was $30 for a litre, and I spent a lot last time on my advanced nutrients pig, but got my money's worth in yield. This time time I'm trying just this, in soil and I'd like to compare. I'm always looking for something cheaper but still effective. Eventually, I want to make my own compost and just try a grow in soil with my own home grown compost.

Starting some LST on my auto purple kush. Tomorrow, I will tie her down with some garden ties. Don't want to top or fim, but did have good success with that in my DWC grow of photos. The other two are week/10 days behind but hopefully shoot up as they adjust to their bigger home. My fourth auto, not in pics, is lagging a bit but it's under a LED light, not my 600W HPS. So , I'd just like to see how it reacts to the LED. My photos are scattered amongst HPS and LED for same experiment.

Comment

Made my own foliage spray today. Used 1/4 strength. We will see how it works.

Comment

Trying some LST on this auto rather than tipping or Fim’ing. Think I may try to curl her around the pot, we will see how it goes!

Comment

Purple kush is plugging along and really responding well to to the LST. She's quite flat and filling in nicely. My other autos are dragging behind a bit, but they are 10-11 days behind the purple kush to begin with. The photo period plants have gotten over the shock of transplanting into bigger containers but next time I would wait till they were bigger and stronger before I moving them. Lesson learned.

Comment

Things are moving along nicely. Continuing with LST on purple kush and highest point of the plant is about 6-7".

Comment

Purple auto kush really filling in nicely I think. I switched to a HPS 600w bulb and right now it's just her getting all the light. I moved my plants around a bit to hopefully accommodate the different stages of growth of my plants. My feeding/ watering cycle has been 1 day nutrients (1/2) strength, next day water, next day nothing, then on fourth day I'll check, if it's still wet, I leave for another day, if they're drinking I start the cycle again. Also during the day, I'll mist them several times with ph water and after seeing Canuck's grow using foilier spray, I've been using a nutrients spray also on days there's no water. I think it works great.
                    the other shots are of my other autos. One of which I kind of unintentionally broke off main stem during LST and it really snapped so instead of taping, I said what the hell, it's right above two nodes so I guess she's been topped! After checking today, she is responding well. We will see how it affects overall yield.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X