Using cbd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using cbd

Good morning, all! I've been wanting to post on my CBD experiences for a while now, and I am extremely interested in knowing about others' experiences.

I've been using CBD--primarily the slab isolate I purchased at CBDistillery--added to my tinctures. I've also dabbed the slab a few times, but I'd rather add it to tincture. I've been taking it daily for almost 3 months.
    I'm in the process of harvesting my two CBD Nordles (one harvested yesterday), so I'll be experimenting with actual cannabis CBD rather than the hemp isolate CBD for the first time. I've harvested small amounts of CBD strains previously, but not enough to really test it.

I've come to the conclusion that adding more CBD to the mix really does change the impact of medicinal cannabis. Medicinal effects of CBD are excellent, while smoking or vaping never produced the same results as taking tincture. Prolly cuz tincture is a concentrate and allows the ingestion of far more cannabinoids, terpenes, etc.
    Last edited by alltatup; 07-29-2018, 02:55 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

I dont know if i have asked you this before, but what do you teach ?

There has been some studies i know of that looked at the effects of synthetic THC without any cannabinoids and with. CBD has been found to alter the effects of THC through what is known as nueromodulation. It has been shown that CBD has a positive effect on patients when added with THC. Reducing anxiety and discomfort but also acting as a anticonvulsant and antinausea.
    CBD itself has little psychoactive properties but does appear to have a psychactive effect through modulation on the cannabinoid receptors. Whats also interesting is that CBD appears to have more affinity with CB2 receptors than CB1. Indicating that its modulatory effects are mostly in the immune system. However there are more pharmacological effects including the activation of the adenosine receptors which are independant of the endocannabinoid receptors. The adenosine activation might be of importance to you as it has said to possess anti-anxiety effects.

CBD is typically of low concentration in most strains, however i tend to typically lean towards more indica strains which often have higher levels of CBD compared to sativa.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

I tried it 1 time I think I did to much. I went ova to hang out with a mate he don't smoke he has been buying cbd wholsale for a while and I finally broke down and tried it I ate a bag of gummies and drank half a bottle over the couse of 2 hrs. All it did is make me sit there like a vegetble. Then on the way home i strait up forgot to get gas and ran out in the middle of no where I didn't give a fuck tho i was like oh well and started walking. This shit never happens when i smoke weed my weed. This is everything I hate about certain types of weed. I love sativas and the head rush and motivating high that comes with it.

all that being said my wife uses 1000mg of cbd eveey morning and has a much more enjoyable day. She also loves indica and a good couch lock.

every 1 is diffrent and our chemical needs are so personalised this is why weed is so amazing all these diffrent strains I feel u can really find the weed for you.
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Ive tried many strains some high in THC and others high in CBD and various combos of both and for me a 1-1 ratio seems to work the best for pain relief. Sometimes ( usually in the evening) I prefer a tincture with higher THC. I use tinctures almost exclusively as Ive found its easier for me to dose and I dont get "blasted" and useless cause the weed I just puffed was super potent. I also have blended different strains such as high THC with high CBD or more of one or the other for different times of the day and or when I need to focus more.

Comment

Here's my brief history with THC and CBD

When I was younger, in the early 80's I started smoking pot. High School. It was a big part of my life, you could say I was a stoner. It was really enjoyable on a lot of levels until one day it was not. I really remember getting a lot from it creatively that helped me learn a lot of artistic things, at the same time kind of wrecking my grades because I was stoned all the time, with a young mind. I was doing other compounds too. We remember the 80's, right? Right, so all that stuff, too.

The strains back them were just starting to get potent I think and for some reason my pleasure turned to disaster and negative thinking and paranoia kind of took over my experience. so at the end of high school I quit smoking it, along with the other stuff and started to get myself worked out. I may have gotten myself in a bad place mentally from so many various indulgences, so that needed to be fixed. What I do remember from that time when I enjoyed pot was the creativity and almost innate mathematical process it gave me with everything I did. Maybe that was just my young, more precise mind.

Though the years I tried pot when friends had it and each time I experienced the negative thinking and paranoia, retreating into a weird non verbal place. IT sucked, was embarrassing and bummed me out.

Jump forward to about a year ago when I decided to get off my Seizure meds and treat my depression. I had had seizures since I was a kid but never diagnosed until 2005 when I was dropping unconscious all over NYC. In the street, subways, elevators. It was crazy. They put me on meds and I was okay. The meds were a drag and I was on anxiety meds to cut out the depression and enormous stress I had been carrying around for years, perhaps contributing to my frontal lobe overloading with electrical impulses and shutting me down.. The meds somewhat took away my anxiety so i could feel more comfortable in my skin. It was working pretty well but overall the meds were a drag.

Sorry for the lengthy personal shit but I have a point............

A year ago I start to go off my meds really slowly, I've just recently finished that process. during that time I found CBD oil from Pure CBD exchange that was 1000mg CBD in 15ml droppers. Whole plant. Because I was losing my shit and driving my wife nuts with lack of tolerance, depression and social anxiety.

Instantly this was a miracle for me. It reduced or eliminated my anxiety and depression which helped me come off my meds, which is a shitty and lengthy process accompanied by "brain zaps", depression and feeling generally really horrible. For the whole year. So this CBD was perfect because it kind of made all this bearable.

Then a friend of mine gave me some thc gummies and I tried about 2.5 mg of that along with the CBD and wow, total mood lift, anxiety gone, normal sociability regained, as much as I was normal to begin with, and I felt amazing. I was on the hunt for a dose-able weed source. I was also excited that maybe I could enjoy the good parts of weed again. I found that I could take up to 10mg of thc along with my CBD isolate and be in a good place, negative thinking mostly not present.

Then I tried Infinite CBD isolate in MCT oil. 5000 mg in 30 ml dropper. While this was more potent, it did not do the same thing as the whole plant CBD. I found that I could take more thc along with my CBD isolate and still be in a good place, negative thinking mostly not present, general good feels and motivation. So I read a bunch of stuff as to why that is and figured I'd grow weed. and here I am

I've just grown some Candida CD-1 and Jack Herer plants so I have a CBD rich strain and a THC rich strain to use. Again, the whole plant Candida is all the Pure CBD Exchange dropper was plus a bit of THC for that mixed effect that is so important. lifted mood, motivated, more sociable, not driving my wife crazy, sleep better, back and knee pain is greatly reduced, sometimes gone and I can smoke a bit of the Jack Herer and the CBD Candida will knock down and ill effects of the THC that I may start to feel. I'll also add that I'm much more tolerant of day to day life in general whereas this kind of thing had been a problem. The meds kind of threw a blanket over this for me which was a good thing. But they also threw a blanket over everything else, which was like being robbed because I depend on creativity. both for my livelihood and my well being. My wife uses the first oil I made.

it's really kind of perfect.

so what I've learned, for me.

1. THC in lower doses is very beneficial and enjoyable for me.
          2. The CBD can help regulate the intensity of THC, keeping the effect under control while still being a great experience, allowing me to take more thc at times when I want to indulge. I can still manage to function around people.
          3. the two together work for mood elevation, anti anxiety, pain control, possible seizure control. I haven't had a seizure in many years, which is why I came off the meds but still, no seizures off the meds. Not sure if it's related
          4. I get that creative spark a lot now which was a big part of weed in the first place so long ago. Life seems a bit more fun and less of a chore

Coming off certain meds can be a long and painful process. This combo had made a lot of it a non issue while also helping me in other areas such as pain, mental stability and general happiness.
          Last edited by Cronk; 03-10-2018, 03:22 PM.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            Dealing with stress, anxiety and depression though the years has sort of defined who I am in a lot of ways. Imposing limitations on myself, keeping barriers in place, limited social relationships (most of my fried probably know little about me), etc.. CBD and THC have somewhat allowed me to operate outside these mechanisms while feeling safe yet relieved of them.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Cronk Wow, I totally relate. It feels so strange to be anxiety-free.

I also feel freer to choose not to socialize with people I don't want to be with. I'm a lot clearer on my 'no' right now. It's not that I don't care about how people feel, but I want to be honest and I don't want to play games or wear masks.

You wrote: "Imposing limitations on myself, keeping barriers in place": I know that my psychic?? space is expansive right now, not constrictive.
            Last edited by alltatup; 08-30-2018, 05:18 AM.

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            alltatup totally.

LATEST DISCOVERY: I bought this book: CBD: A patient's guide to medical cannabis and it is the first source I have found that gives explicit instructions on how to dose with CBD. It provides three charts with micro, standard and macro dosing, depending on what the ailment is; I did standard dosing for pain and anxiety (although anxiety has stayed minimal since December when I started taking CBD). The chart and the dose guidelines were extremely helpful.

It made me realize that I was way under-dosing, so this morning I upped my CBD to 100mg CBD daily divided into two doses. I took it this morning, mixed in with some WW, Lithium OG Kush and Iced Grapefruit tincture and the pain relief was incredible. (The high was also very nice; I coasted through my work day.) I'm using CBD isolate infused in Everclear, but it becomes full spectrum when I add it to the THC tincture.

It's fcking hard work figuring out how to dose with this stuff, and I'm really grateful for this book, because no website wants to make recommendations on how much folks suffering from such and such should take. The authors are trailblazers, and I'm sure glad I found the book.

Cronk Dutchman1 I'd be interested in your comments as CBD users.
          PaganRich you should put on some CBD!!!!!!
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            I have added it to my Amazon wish list for when I get some dosh....looks good

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            PaganRich I suggest getting it in powder form if you can so you can add it to what you vape. And try growing a high THC high CBD strain!!!!!! By Thor's mortar and pestle, I sound like such a nag!!!!

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            I don`t think you can compare Mjǫllnir to a pestle, do you? Bit of an overkill I would suspect .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X