Ultimate 4x4 tent setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate 4x4 tent setup?

I am in a position where I am trying to find the most efficient in regards to yeild, quality, density of bud, look of bud, flavour of bud and frost on bud. I would like this to be helpful to everyone who may need this setup. 4x4 tent; everything you may need or want be as specific or as vague as you like.

As far as LEDs go, Check the ppfd and get as close to 1500 ppfd through the entire footprint as you can get. If you go over 1500 it won't hurt. Especially if the difference of a couple 100 ppfd is only dropping the light 6" or $20 for a better light. You can also look at ppfd of hps and MH lights also, but with the non targeted spectrum of those it's a bit more complicated to get it right. I use cutting edge solutions sugree, and notice a huge difference in crystallization, taste, and smell.

Comment

Sun 315 LEC

Comment

Originally posted by Waltermelon View Post
        As far as LEDs go, Check the ppfd and get as close to 1500 ppfd through the entire footprint as you can get. If you go over 1500 it won't hurt. Especially if the difference of a couple 100 ppfd is only dropping the light 6" or $20 for a better light. You can also look at ppfd of hps and MH lights also, but with the non targeted spectrum of those it's a bit more complicated to get it right. I use cutting edge solutions sugree, and notice a huge difference in crystallization, taste, and smell.
        Would you by any chance have a top 3 list of leds? Everyone is saying quantum boards but there ppf is low compared to such things like kind led or platinum led or optics led

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Cob LEDs

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          It's really hard to put together a list of great led boards because there is no set standard of measure. Some just use one reading directly under the light at 24", some use a comprehensive chart with different height and foot prints. Kind LEDs don't use anything to show you a measure of ppfd and offer 0 science of how well their lights produce other than "we say so." All that being said, the highest most efficient ppfd numbers from a panel I've seen was a bloomspect panel. They advertise the 600w panels much higher than any other panels I've seen. I'm using one now and it will bleach a plant at 18" even with added cal-mag. My viparspectra 600 won't bleach at 16".
          I haven't tried any cobs but there is one panel on Amazon that advertised 1800 ppfd at 18" for $80. I'm planning on picking that up maybe this Monday.

RosettaStoned Such as? Optics 8+?

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          For assembled fixtures, I've only looked at timbergrow and rapidled. Those are more diy but have finished ones too. I like them because of the efficiency vs light output, cobs in general. I just put up mine so I have no first hand knowledge but from what I've read and seen, these should rock the house.

Viparspectra - and as for all that other stuff, bud density etc. - buy yourself top quality seeds or a first rate clone.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
          Viparspectra - and as for all that other stuff, bud density etc. - buy yourself top quality seeds or a first rate clone.
          Would you say ViparSpectra is the best led to go for? I’ve heard and seen many things on YouTube about them

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe not THE best, but certainly works well as is affordable.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X