Mh or Hps for veg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mh or Hps for veg

Should I use my mh bulb for veg then switch to hps for flowering? Or stick with the hps for both stages? What are some advantages and drawbacks for both

On GWE main site says that MH is best for veg because of the blue/white light promotes short nodes and rapid vegetative growth and HPS in flowering because all the red signals flowering

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I figured. I just had heard that the hps could be used for the entire cycle. I just want to make sure that Im using the proper lighting. This is my first real grow. Thanks.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes any kind of light will ultimately work for both cycles but if you have both that’s the pros of each

What Nebula says is if you want your plant to stretch a bit like when doing her manifold you should use hps in veg. But if you want thight nodes short bushy plant use mh I personally either cfl on beg or just my hps like Nebula. I see her results and shows you exactly how she does it so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess. So it’s really a personal preference because both mh/hps will work on either veg or flower.

Comment

But if you have both bulbs take advantage and use one for veg and one for flower that way you don’t burn thru your bulbs too quickly and that will save you$

Comment

I'm kind of limited to about 4' of total plant height, so MH it is. Thank you

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X