Spectrum King SK602 opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectrum King SK602 opinions?

Anyone have any thoughts on if these new Spectrum King’s are worth the $1500 price tag?

Only affordable for a King.

So many more affordable options out there.
    Last edited by starramus; 03-08-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• HydroKid
      HydroKid commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a ton of options out there these days. I want some good quality. Right now I’m running the SolisTek A1’s 1000 watt HPS lights. They work well on my light rails.

If it's in the budget. Just remember they need 48 to 60 inches distance from canopy, that's in flower. Going to need 10ft plus ceiling

Comment

• HydroKid
      HydroKid commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t realize the height restrictions. I’m in a 10x10 tent so this might not be an option. I am curious to know if I could shorten that distance by having them rotate on my light rails. I’m currently running 1000 watt HPS on the rails with about 12 inches of clearing from the tops of the bud sites with no issues. Think the Kings would work with that setup?

Here’s a video of my current setup with the light rails and the 1000 watters.

Comment

SK600 has been measured to have an efficiency around 1.6 umols per watt. Thats better than your typical standard sodium discharge lights. And comparable to double ended sodium discharge which has around 1.7 umols per watt. So its efficiency is not to fault. But its price may be. There are other products out there currently that close on around 2 umols per watt at around the same price or less than that of spectrum king.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Nextlight, chil LED and rapid LED are the only manufacturers i know that make a product with an efficiency equal to or greater than sodium discharge. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​Paracelsus and RosettaStoned were avidly looking into efficient LED products, maybe they might know more on the matter.

Perhaps look at my artcles on light technologies also.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh also spectrum king sk602 is the new model which is slightly more efficient than their previous sk600 model. So i would also add it to that short list of products.

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes check out his articles HydroKid! I just hung my light from rapid last night DrPhoton

Cannabis plants will not notice the slight difference, but your wallets will. Cannabis evolved for the light of old Sol for millions of years,and that star and has never charged me a shekel. And besides cannabis cannot read spec sheets. Content in my unsophistication.

Comment

HydroKid

Great job you are killin it! No need to change if you are cropping like this with only 2000 watts. Those light rails and your proven hid technology is putting $$$ in your pocket and that's a testament to your growing talent and choice in equipment.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, no kidding! I wish I could fill my room like that, very nice.

• HydroKid
          HydroKid commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol thanks. I’m always looking to improve my grow rooms. Is a slight obsession.

I have begun to understand more about COB technology. Spectrum king, CHILLED, Rapid DIY and other cutting edge LED manufacturers focus on different types of COB LED. They are very efficient and have high uMOL ratings directly below the light. Each lamp has a limited foot print so the most efficient and brightest have multiple lamps. I was first attracted to the spectrum king lights but after further research I decided unless it was for seedlings or clones it just didn’t have enough diffuse light for a large footprint and the bang for the buck just wasn’t there. The CHILLED have the lamp spread out using a quantum board and integrate a great cooling system but again the start up cost is prohibitive. What I have decided is best for me is the rapid DIY in combination with a quantum board DIY but rapid also sells completed light fixtures. Grow mous5 Who works now for chill LED made a series of videos explaining the technology for DIY that he and greengene on YT explain and discuss. They also tell you where you can source all the different parts to DIY yourself. Grow Mau5 just last week ran a new video with a new COB design that includes blue, red,and far red spectrum LED 5 W chips Incorporated into a round COB, this is what I’m going to say is the cutting edge right now. A combination of these lamps with the DIY rapid kit and a quantum board is where I’m headed.

That said in the last month I bought 6 HPS Ballasts, a 4x 48 & a 8x48 T5, 3 sun open hoods and a light rail along with 2 150w grow light lamps and fixtures all for $675.
        there are bargains out there now from all the people who are upgrading. That’s how I’m starting out there is nothing wrong with a good HPS fixture with the good bulb in it. If you look at a side by side video on say Vader‘s channel you’ll see a 600W HPS right next to the chilled LED running neck and neck.The LED has more frost though because of the spectrums. Remember 600 W is 600 W, you are still using the same amount of electricity perhaps one will be cooler than the other but perhaps not enough to see a return worth the investment of a high-end LED.

Start Grow Mau5 video at the 27 minute mark

below Grow Mau5 interviews a new top of the line company that cater to big farms but have started a consumer line.

My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Timber grow has some nice fixtures as well

My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          Right ambient temperature in the room is a big concern, this morning it was 33° outside and 84° inside. That was during a nor’easter in three more months it’s going to be 84° outside . If I run 4 HPS in the room then I will have to run AC.

That is the big advantage of LED, Another advantage besides running cooler is the frost in side to side testing you can see the HPS has more stretch and the LED has more frost

The differences are important and can be adapted towhat works best for you in any given situation. But the biggest improvement in a grow comes from your a total skills as a grower.

Craig’s list is your friend and auctions are a good source too. One of the guys I sourced my used equipment from goes to police auctions, I only know this because he forgot to remove the tag. LOL

• HydroKid
          HydroKid commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmao awesome advice my friends. I definitely need the heat so it makes more sense to run with my HPS and cross utilize the energy and heat. My outside tents tempature stays about 55 degrees all yeah around. It makes it easy to adjust if need. Now hunidity changes with the season so I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier lol.

As for your buddy going to police auctions that’s pretty smart. Has to come across some good deals. I definitely would’ve given him a hard time for leaving the tag on it lol.

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          After some of the things I’ve read about how the first Amsterdam Cannabis cup put on by High Times in 1988 was conceived of and infiltrated by the DEA in Amsterdam I stoped doing business with that guy. You know, just in case he overlooked the tag that said Baltimore Police Department home invasion. If hewas the man himself, you know, sell equipment cheap and then come back in six months and take it back again and bust the guy.
          Last edited by Paracelsus; 03-09-2018, 07:18 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X