No announcement yet.

Ghaleon's grow journal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Now it has been one month and one week. I plan on being in veg stage for a full two months before I flip the switch. I also bought some clear plastic pot saucers and went with the drip method for watering and I really like it. BUT I did buy 12 inch ones and they barley fit lol It's all that Walmart/Lowes/Home Depot has so I had to go online to buy some. I picked up 17 inch ones and they should be here any day. Found them in a nice place and they have a nice deal that you get $10 off your first order so I bought 5 for only for the price of one lol

Comment

Well its now been two months of veg. (just about) They got to the height that I felt comfortable with. Today is the first day of the 12-12 cycle. I'm getting excited, this is my first time ever growing ANYTHING at all lol. Here's some pics!

When would be a good time to start the next set of plants?

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Learn how to set up a "perpetual harvest" system, which gives you the ability to harvest buds every 8 weeks!

Check out the link above for when to start your next set of plants.
        I started my next set about 6 weeks before the harvest of my current grow. I have a CFL grow cabinet that I hope will take them to 6 weeks without running out of room. I'm going to make a 3rd grow site "Large Closet". I'll either use T5's or more than likely buy a Vipraspectra 300w dimmable for the closet grow.
        Good luck with your 1st grow, your off to a great start.

Hey I just threw mine into 12/12 last Tuesday there close to day 1 flower but not yet. Looking very good beautiful looking ladies you got there nice green growth I love it. Mine are stretching over and inch a day I say stretching but there not there growing with the tightest node formation I have ever seen. Only about 1/8 of an inch between on the indicas and about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch between the nodes on Sativa if it keeps up like this we have good things to come.

Comment

Well it's been a month now since my last update. I have a few questions now. I've been feeding my plants the way the General Organic box of nutrients has been telling me to put in the water. For week 7 they call it mid bloom and to repeat for extra weeks of blooming. Well I've repeated this for about 2 weeks now. When would be a good time to start the moving on to week 8-10? Also after looking at the new pics when would be a good time to start growing another plant? I started off with 5 because I want to build my reserve (I really don't know how much I'm going to get from them as well) I just want to be able to grow enough so that I never run out. Anyway here are some pic! Remember this is my first time growing anything so after looking at the pics, some pointers on what I can do better would be grateful! If anyone is wondering I used bamboo pols as the post (real ones) and hemp string to tie up the plants (other than the lone zip tie lol)

Comment

If you have two grow areas I would start germination of the next batch when the 5 you are growing reach 8 weeks. I did mine at 6 weeks and 8 would have worked out better.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
          IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Well growing is done, its time to HARVEST!!! Remember its my first grow, I really only had one problem with a plant, the rest grew just fine. One of the bids is even 3 1/2 inches wide and 7inches in length! I also got some bubble bags to make hash. (Dry ice method) Also gonna make some Canna Caps for my mother. I also started germination of a few more seeds (White widow) and they have yet to sprout from the shell.. -.- I hope the place I got them from replaces them since its been about 6 months when I ordered them.
            Attached Files

Comment

The pistils still look white, how do the tricombs look? Should look cloudy, not clear. Would be a shame to harvest a little early.
              Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
              Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
              36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
              4 bulb T5's for Veg.
              2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
              IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
              3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Im just gonna say your plants are gonna outgrow that fast. Better not let them veg for more than 3 weeks. And dont get tall strains. This is an 8 week veg plant by itself in a 48×48"90" tent.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The other two pots dont have plants now if your wondering.

Originally posted by Redwasp View Post
                Im just gonna say your plants are gonna outgrow that fast. Better not let them veg for more than 3 weeks. And dont get tall strains. This is an 8 week veg plant by itself in a 48×48"90" tent.
                LOL You would be correct. I should have said the Somango XXL are ready to harvest lol. That's the two on the left front and back. The GSC still need a little more time to get ready.

Naw there not gonna get any taller. I picked strands that have large yields and short hight.

Comment

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good choice on the short strains. Think my short plants almost always out produce my tall ones at least space wise.

Good choice on the short strains. Think my short plants almost always out produce my tall ones at least space wise.
                Thanks lol what strain is that one in the pic you posted? I'm not too happy with my results lol.

Comment

Well after cutting up the Somango XXL, letting it dry out I finally put them into jars. I'm not happy with the results lol. I managed to get 53.7 ounces (dry) from the two plants. To me that seems really low but I don't know its my first time growing. I remember reading a few post where they grew much larger yields when they grew just one or two plants. I'm gonna try that next and see. I still have 3 Girl Scout Cookies left to do since they took a little longer to get to that magic 60% ish area. I cut one up last night and about to do the other two here tonight. Also my other seeds, Misty Kush and White Widow will not germinate! I bought 5 seeds of both and they wont crack open and sprout!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X