Tommy T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy T

When buying seeds it says "flowering time" 60-63 days. Does this mean the time it takes to go to a 12/12 light schedule or the total flowering time for this plant? I am a new new grower and have several strains in various stages of development.
    Thanks,
    TommyT

Hi Tommy, I usually count flowering from when I see the first signs of pistils, which is about 2 weeks after I switch to 12/12. And much of the time, if the breeder says 63 days or 9 weeks, it may very well take longer for her to be ready to harvest. Breeder estimates are often conservative. I always go by the appearance of the trichomes--not by what the breeder says, though it's a good guideline when buying seeds.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• TommyT
      TommyT commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You're quite welcome!

Originally posted by TommyT View Post
    When buying seeds it says "flowering time" 60-63 days. Does this mean the time it takes to go to a 12/12 light schedule or the total flowering time for this plant? I am a new new grower and have several strains in various stages of development.
    Thanks,
    TommyT
    CropKing says that yes, the flowering times they give are from 12/12. Of course, those times are nothing like exact.

Comment

• TommyT
      TommyT commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it now. Thanks!

the way i see it is... thats how long it takes to flower the fastest pheno in perfect conditions (in witch it has been developed) and only each breeder can tell you if they count from flip or from pistils showing.

Comment

There is no set time that you need to keep them in vegetative growth. You can go to 12/12 whenever you feel that your plants are about 1/2 the size you want them to end up. Most plants just about double in size during the first three weeks of 12/12, which is referred to as "the flowering stretch". Once you flip to 12/12 those flowering times are the shortest time you can expect your plants to be ready. As others have pointed out, most growers need a few more days to a few more weeks before their plants are actually ready for harvest.

Comment

• TommyT
        TommyT commented
        Editing a comment
        Very helpful! Thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X