Curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious...

I'm curious about a few things and was wondering if you fine folks can help.
    1. Is there any harm or any benefit or neither of running an LED and CFL's at the same time?
    2. How long after starting flowering should it take to stay seeing signs of it?
    3. If i use an insecticidal soap (organic) because I think I might have mites, and it turns out I don't, am I harming the plants by doing so?
    Thank you all in advance!

i dont know if i know the anwers but i can give you my opinion
    1. definetly wont harm and it can help cover shaded places
    2. depending on the strain, usually around 7to 14 days pistils should be showing but ive had strains that thook almost a month to transition into flower
    3. im not sure what that soap does but if you use it when there are bugs should be the same if there are none... i got rid of mites just spraying alcohol water 50/50
    happy growing my friend

Comment

• Peppersmr
      Peppersmr commented
      Editing a comment
      Being that you seem knowledgeable I'll ask you this as well...if I was experiencing nutrient burn and have begun to correct the problem, how long until I start adding nutes again?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It kinda depends on the plant itself but think about it like this. If you have burnt tips meaning the electro conductivity “EC” was too high at some point. After a light flush you should continue feeding but at a lower concentration. Do not confuse with salt “nutrient” excess and built up. This happens when you accumulate in the medium a lot of nutrients, this causes a lot of problems like deficiencies and excesses that combined are called “lock out” this means nutrient intake gets interrupted. This is fixed flushing for a longer time and you don’t feed again until you see the plant getting better. When the visible problems stop spreading and new leaves start forming. I hope this helps (:

Hi pepper, in my opinion more light is good just watch fo more heat !
    as for bud development after switch iv found some strains are just quicker to bud than others.
    adding a insecticide when not needed seams like overkill and I would certainly not smoke it! Natural or not. Lol

Comment

yup, more lights the merrier - LED's are easy, just hang - CFL's a bit more work, as one is moving them more than once on a daily occurrence.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hi Peppersmr, I'll give my opinions/experience on 2 & 3. If plants are in veg long enough, they will start to show pre-flower signs. I switch my plants to flower pretty fast, so I usually wait 2 weeks to see the beginnings of bud sites.

An organic insecticidal shouldn't hurt anything. You may want to spray down your plants with water to rinse any residue off.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds.like a good alternative to smoking those lnseticide soaps! I always wash my outdoor grows so this makes total sense to my way of 🤔 thinking.Good advice Alltatup.

This thread was still helpful several years later.

Comment

• Pyro1711
          Pyro1711 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it was!!! I was just about to ask the same question about hanging my cfl lights in with my led light!! And on the 9th day of waiting for my tent and led light...pyro said..."let there be light!"

good growing. I've been happy with my cfl/led mix so far.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X