Young plant has "burnt" tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young plant has "burnt" tips.

Hello everyone, It is my first time posting on any forum for something like this and I hope you guys can help me out.

This is also my first time trying to grow and I hope that I can finish this harvest.
    This harvest is for personal medical use.
    I will try to explain everything first.
    I created the grow box on my own. Its nothing special.

Grow box description:
    L-120cm x W-120cm x D-60cm
    The cooler from the bottom brings air inside, the one from the top brings the air outside, also one vent inside to get the air circulating.
    Inside I have a 300W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light.

The plant, the soil, the water and the buckets:
    I purchased 6 seeds of Kritical Cush and I only germinated two of them in a wet paper towel for two days, everything went perfect and after two days I put them in the soil.
    The soil is Canna Terra Professional Plus.
    I always use water with a PH between 6 and 7 because at this moment I can not determine exactly what is the exact PH.
    The buckets are regular buckets for growing any type of plants, they have 4 holes for drainage.

The plants are 14 days old since in the soil and one of them started to show some kind of disease, the very first two leaves have the tips burnt, crispy and brown. I tried to figure it out why it happened only to one of them since they are treated the same, the same light, the same water, the same soil, wind and bucket.
    I found some guides online and people say that any plant can manifest different symptoms despite the environment.
    So far I've never added nuts but I am planning to add nuts next week.
    What do you guys think I should do now, what do you think is the actual problem, I don't think its a nute burn but despite this I flushed the sick plant today because I didn't knew what to do.
    Can any expert tell me what I did good and what I did bad, what I still have to do and don't?
    Do you think the other plant is fine as you see it now?
    Can you guys help me with some suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

That is a little odd looking but I think youll be fine. It looks to me like it may have been a little overwatering. Canna Terra has all the nutes you need for the first two or three weeks of a seedlings growth. It should be enough to not have to add anything else. I seriously doubt its nute burn unless you aded something. Id add nutes at half dose next week like you said though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman1 View Post
      That is a little odd looking but I think youll be fine. It looks to me like it may have been a little overwatering. Canna Terra has all the nutes you need for the first two or three weeks of a seedlings growth. It should be enough to not have to add anything else. I seriously doubt its nute burn unless you aded something. Id add nutes at half dose next week like you said though.
      So basically I'm doing a good job and I'm worrying for nothing? I really feel sad to see this plant struggling and I'm trying to do something so she can grow safely. Do you think I can do something about it? Is it ok that i flushed this plant? The plant would still grow normally?

Comment

Morning 2, I agree, looks like overwatering to me too, let them dry out real good before you water again.
        Your doing a great job, keep up the good work. They don't need much water at all , when that age. But you really need to start monitoring the ph, though.
        GoodLuck
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
          Morning 2, I agree, looks like overwatering to me too, let them dry out real good before you water again.
          Your doing a great job, keep up the good work. They don't need much water at all , when that age. But you really need to start monitoring the ph, though.
          GoodLuck
          You mean the PH of the soil? How can I do that? I know how to test the PH of the water and as I stated before I always use water with PH between 6.0 and 7.0. Today, after around 2-3 days after I took the picture you see, the two affected leaves are even more damaged, what is the normal behaviour of the plant if she is gonna lose these two leaves, is she going to still grow but slower or is she gonna get sick? Sorry for these dumb questions but I am worried for the plant.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            No, you monitor the pH of the water that you add to the soil - as you have been doing. It is a good idea to occasionally test the pH of the run-off as well.
            Seedlings often go through nute issues early in life. You are doing well and can breath a little easier

Guys, its been 3-4 days and the affected leaves are yellow, dry and crisp. Im still expecting some more replies.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            do nt worry about those leaves, they gonna die eventually anyway.... you have there a beautiful and healthy seedling

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            You may want to prune them off. They will not recover. But the plant will move along fine without them - If the newest growth is unaffected then you have nothing to worry about.

They look healthy overall but please clarify the ph statement you made: "I always use water with a PH between 6 and 7 because at this moment I can not determine exactly what is the exact PH."

You definitely need a good ph pen. If you know your water ph is between 6 and 7 that's great. But, when you add nutrients and supplements, the ph will change( usually goes lower, sometimes a lot).

I'd suggest a quality ph pen and get some ph up and down. Also, if you're using tap water, let it sit for 24 hours to get to room temperature and any chlorine dissipates.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Originally posted by Sheesh View Post
            They look healthy overall but please clarify the ph statement you made: "I always use water with a PH between 6 and 7 because at this moment I can not determine exactly what is the exact PH."

You definitely need a good ph pen. If you know your water ph is between 6 and 7 that's great. But, when you add nutrients and supplements, the ph will change( usually goes lower, sometimes a lot).

I'd suggest a quality ph pen and get some ph up and down. Also, if you're using tap water, let it sit for 24 hours to get to room temperature and any chlorine dissipates.
            Right now I'm checking the PH with a solution and a color scale. I am using tap water and yes, I always let it sit for around 48 hours. I will start adding nutrients on monday, good to know that PH will change when nuts are added.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X