PH Problem !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR PH Problem !

Hey farmers whats up hows everything going?

i have a question for ya all.
    i have been consistently running into PH problems.
    The run off ph of my 3 plants is coming at 8 and 8+.
    I am growing in a mix of coco compost and cow dung.
    i usually water my plants at PH 6.
    i have flushed my plants with this PH a number of times but the run off PH is stagnant at 8 and 8+.
    i am sick and frustrated at my situation without any solution the plants have become a drag to look after.
    plants are in their 4 and 5 week of flowering.
    how do i fix the run off PH/root PH ?

You might check out this site. https://www.researchgate.net/post/Co...and_Pig_manure

How's about a little lemon juice?

Comment

Will lemon juice hurt my plants?
      How much quantity of lemon juice should be given?

Comment

Originally posted by Zack View Post
        Hey farmers whats up hows everything going?

i have a question for ya all.
        i have been consistently running into PH problems.
        The run off ph of my 3 plants is coming at 8 and 8+.
        I am growing in a mix of coco compost and cow dung.
        i usually water my plants at PH 6.
        i have flushed my plants with this PH a number of times but the run off PH is stagnant at 8 and 8+.
        i am sick and frustrated at my situation without any solution the plants have become a drag to look after.
        plants are in their 4 and 5 week of flowering.
        how do i fix the run off PH/root PH ?
        Zack, I am a relatively new grower but pH has given me a lot of worry too. Coco coir is neutral and 8 and 8+ is very high for tap water. The pH testers I have used are finicky. They need to be cleaned and prepped for use by buffing the shaft of the tester without touching the tip. I would suspect that first.

The main question would be: what do your plants look like? From what I understand, pot likes a slightly acidic soil. 8+ seems likely to either make your plants very sick, or at least shutting down your efforts to feed your plants. Look in the gwe site at nutrient deficiencies.

The other thing I would ask about is whether pure manure is so strongly basic. If not, I would just keep taking care of my plants otherwise and do the best I can to salvage this grow. I'm sure you know about pH up and pH down solutions. They usually come with a table that says how much is required to lower or raise pH. I think I also remember seeing a table here on gwe that addressed nutrient deficiencies/excesses and what pH levels will most effect their uptake. Comparing that to the diagnosis info might give you a rough estimate of pH.

By all means, don't give up on this batch. One of the best things I did for my plants was to leave them alone rather than checking several times a day or even daily. Hope this helps.

Comment

Plants stuck in flower stage?

. Earlier I posted a question saying my GDP (to the wrong forum😯) was stuck in flower mode. I observed that she was putting out fingertip size buds that didn't seem to get any bigger while my tangie was stretching and developing some nice buddage. I had some timer problems shortly after putting the plants into 12/12 and became convinced that was the problem. The real problem turned out to be that I was making a goof by comparing two different plant strains. Turns out that GDP is short and bushy and Tangie is more spidery and tall (thanks to pics on Leafly.com).

I decided to just let them alone because I was getting discouraged. Ramped down my observations to once every other day since I was getting discouraged. After a week or so, I looked closely and found that GDP was growing its kolas from those buds downward rather than getting taller. Another look at pics on leafly confirmed this.

I learned two thing from this first grow:

Unless you're growing hydro, the best thing is to give your plants time. Stop obsessing over every little leaf tip. Let the plants do their thing.

Know your plants' characteristics. Using comparisons from 2 or more strains is a rookie mistake.

I'm a mm for personal use grower and a complete rookie. GWE has been the best source of info I could hope for.

Any further insights from experienced growers would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X