• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Cheese Auto Grow

Strain: Blue cheese Auto
    Breeder_Barney’s Farm.
    Mostly indica_80% indica, 20% sativa
    Original Blue Cheese and ruderalis heritage.
    70 days seed to harvest
    Planted germinated seeds on June 27th and harvested on September 7th.
    About 10 weeks seed to harvest, as advertised.

Background: this grow was part of an experiment to see how different types of training would affect auto feminized plants.
    Would they get behind in the veg stage so they entered the flowering stage too early to maximize growth?
    Would it affect the overall time from seed to harvest?
    What effects would it have on productivity at harvest?

Medium: coco (aeration), perlite, pumice, grow stones ( 2”grow stones in bottom), with 60% coco (aeration mix), 20% perlite and 10% pumice, 10% combined mix of worm castings & boiled rice hulls. This drains very well, so well that you need to make sure you replenish the nutrients with every watering, but I never have any issues with root rot or nutrient lockout.

Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients Grow and Bloom part A & B for coco (PH perfect), with the addition of supplements (B52, Voodoo, Piranha, Water preparation_5 or 10 gallon container filled with tap water and let it set for 24 hrs or more until the chlorine gas has dissipated.

Lights: Two Fluence VPPRx 320 watt lights. Extremely even, efficient and adjustable PPFD in a 3.5 x 6’ grow area.
    Security lighting: two 175 watt outdoor lights, daylight balanced, connected to a timer which is plugged into a UPS so if we lose our electric power then I have backup light source for over 8 hrs. Its not bright, but bright enough to keep the photoperiod stable.Combined Coco/Hydro System: AIT, air injection technology. individual buckets with air injection pumps, similar to those used for hydro but they work with soil or similar mediums. i’ve used this system twice and it works best using a very porous medium because that provides more “pathways” for the air to travel up through to the surface. This system works best for my grow area/environment and personal schedule. We lose our electricity at least once a month so its a given the lighting schedule will be disrupted. Pumps will fail. Since each plant is in its own bucket with this system it is “closed”_ as long as the issue is restricted to one plant_ like nutrient issues due to different genetics or tolerances.
    I don’t have to worry about concerns that more traditional hydro setups can experience if there is a loss of power or contamination of nutrient supply. The air pumps supply oxygen to each plant individually from the bottom up through the medium. If the pump(s) fail its ok, they do fine without the pumps because the medium drains very well yet holds moisture for days.

Calendar_Planted June 27th, harvested September 7th.

Height at harvest: 27” tall.
    Harvested: 4 oz dried trimmed bud

Training_This plant was topped once between the 4th and 5th node. Afterwards the only training done was LST. This plant didn’t appear to be affected much by being topped, except the change in its structure.
    Growth didn’t slow noticeably and the flowering stretch was substantial.
    It was an easy and forgiving plant to grow, less finicky than the New York City Sour Diesel Haze auto.

This blue cheese produced some very tasty, smooth and powerful smoke, its my favorite from this harvest. its a great choice for making rosin and other extracts too. I wish I had more left!

Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Those are nice photos Zig, what do you use for a camera?

Comment

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, they're very nice plants too, good job.

I use a 90mm macro lens on a sony camera. Also a 24-70 zoom lens on the same camera. Hope that helps. With the macro and the pixel count with the sony I can blow them up so I can see the trichomes really well. hope that helps. Thanks!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X