Trichome colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichome colour

Is it best to wait for the amber colour on every strain or are some strains different. Northern lights going for 9 weeks now no amber but no clear either.

THC and trichomes work the same no matter strain. THC will still be most potent at that fully cloudy with some amber point on tbe buds. Hairs might be different you could have all white hairs and amber triches.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess thats that'd be the best way anyhow.

Just so many different variables. It makes for ones brain to hurt sometimes. Not mine lol.. My brain always hurts but its because it never stops so this doesnt add to the madness at all. lol

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      I think its very rare and should be ignored mostly with new growers. The strains that it occurs with are not common at all. It was just an interesting find i was elaborating on. Whats also interesting is that the peak level of THC is actually when the trichome bulb has fully developed and is transluscent. But many of the other cannabinoids are not as fully developed and so the reason why waiting for the trichs to go cloudy is preferred.

Transluscent trichomes gives peak THC but low CBN and CBD. This provides the stimulating, clear, speedy high thats commonly associated with early harvest.

Cloudy trichomes have a lower THC but other cannibinoids are now developing more. This gives the more comfortable and balanced high, an overall contributing effect.

Amber trichomes are a result of THC oxidizing into CBN. This has been subjected as the "fake" version of CBD and provides less desired effects in comparison. Which is why it is mostly not preferred.

Whats also interesting is that wether you have mostly indica or sativa, might affect when you should harvest. With indica it would likely be more ideal to harvest before any amber developes and trichomes are cloudy. With sativa you would want to wait a little longer when amber does develop.

Why some do not go amber i cannot say, but i would say that it is likely not that they dont turn amber. But that it takes a really long time. Long enough for most to worry and harvest anyway.

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats fairly straight foreward. I was suspecting that strains this occurs with are far and few between.

Hey Silverhaze, What kind of northern lights is she ? Where did you buy your seeds ?
    Anyway, I've grown NLs, before and it is excellent smoke, but mine was an autoflower, and it took 90days for her to get 20-30percent amber, but after she first started showing color, it damn sure didn't take her long before Amber was showing on every bud. So maybe when you start seeing some color on your buds , keep a close eye after that,
    GoodLuck with yours.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Crop king seeds

Comment

DrPhoton You wrote above: "But many of the other cannabinoids are not as fully developed and so the reason why waiting for the trichs to go cloudy is preferred." Can you also give me some citations here? I have never read anyone discussing the other cannabinoids (except for CBD). Thank you.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          I cited it in the other thread for you

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X