Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20/4 under CFL vs 12/12 under LED - autoflower

Hey all!

First post, long time browser! My question is as follows: I have a 300 watt GalaxyHydro LED light on 12/12 with some photoeriods, and a smallish tent with about 250 watts of CFL in it. I have an autoflower that I planned on just keeping under the more powerful LED, but just wondering if others would keep it in the CFL tent for a longer light period? It is in coco + kind soil. Thank you in advance for any thoughts/discussion!

Put it with the stronger light while it is on and move it to be under the cfl's for the other 8 hours.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Canuck147 This is a pain in the ass but I managed to do it so anyone can!

I never thought of that...maybe I’ll keep the CFLs on 24/0 and move it around each day that I am able, I little hybrid light schedule, lol

Comment

Everything on the GWE site indicates Autoflowers should be grown with 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. While the LED has more power, there won't be enough time under the light to bring the plant to it's full potential. If you have the extra cash, I'd get another LED to replace the CFLs and have a nice auto/veg tent that you can keep on 18/6. If not, I'd stick with the CFLs for the longer light period.

Comment

My issue with this tent has always been vertical space, otherwise I would have put an LED in there awhile ago. I might just stick it in the tent for now and see how it does under an increased light schedule with the CFLs. The moving back and forth seems tough bc of the different light schedules, but I might try

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X