Wacky Seedling Grow Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacky Seedling Grow Update

Last week I posted about my Green Crack seedling that popped up with 3 cotyledons and 3 first leaves. It had two somewhat normal first leaves in the normal spots and one big fat round leaf growing straight up out of the middle. I wondered where the new leaves would sprout with that 3rd leaf sitting in the way and what's happened in the last week is it sprouted 2 sets of new leaves at once-1 set in front of the extra middle leaf and another set in back of it! Ok, I guess that'll work?
    So it seems I'll have 2 mail colas??? It basically sort of topped itself? If so, what might that mean for an auto? Could it have time to grow out two main colas and still produce some decent bud for me? Either way this will be interesting so I decided to do a little journal on it as well as my other plants. This is my first grow and I have a lot going on in it so any help or thoughts are very welcome. Here's what I got...

2 24 day old plants from some quality bag seed
    1 Fast Buds Auto Girl Scout Cookies @ 7 days old
    1 Fast Buds Auto Green Crack @ 6 days old
    1 Dinafem Auto Blue Kush @ 6 days old
    1 Freebie Photo Fem Afghan x Black Domina @ 6 days old

Growing in coco and perlite using GH nutes and Calimagic
    9 40 watt cfls, adding 2 more tomorrow
    Redneck Ghetto grow in a 2x2x4 cardboard wardrobe box for the moment (a girl's gotta start somewhere right?)
    Big Thanks to GWE for all the work you put into sharing your knowledge w/us! I'd be lost without it! And to all the sweet folks who have helped me out on this forum, thank you.
    Last edited by rwdyredhead; 11-25-2016, 05:50 PM.

I have the same thing happening now with a Lemon OG Kush. With auto's it's hard to say. I've had some that recovered great and others (like the one I have now) is moving slow. Sometimes they stay a smaller plant. The last time it happened the plant never got over a foot tall. I was still able to get 2oz from her.
    Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
    4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

• rwdyredhead
      rwdyredhead commented
      Editing a comment
      At this point I'm almost as interested in seeing it deal with it's abnormalities as I am worried about what it produces. It would be nice to pull a few nice buds off it tho. 2oz off a plant less than a foot tall? Wow, that's great. Good luck with your LK. I may need your advice when I try my first lst in a few weeks.

It's a monster plant, that is amazing. How close is the light?
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• rwdyredhead
      rwdyredhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Karlee do you mean my lil girl? or Stoney's? If you mean mine, she's a lil fat ass! But that's sexy now days right?
      I have a 40 watt cfl about 2 1/2 inches directly over each seedling.

• Karlee
      Karlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yours rwdy! Fourth picture made me say WoW she's a monster child.

• StoneyTony
      StoneyTony commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, yeah I was gonna say mine isn't very big at all.

Grow update
    Last edited by rwdyredhead; 12-06-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

StoneyTony How's your Lemon OG Kush coming along?
      Here's my Green Crack Auto @ around 23 days...
      I took 8 big fan leaves off about 4 days ago, the new growth on the ends of the two main stems(she split naturally) looks pretty normal but all the growth in between is stunted and pretty much a bunched up mess of weird leaves and oddly growing stems. It sucks because that would be a lot of buds if I could get them to grow to any size.
      What do you think Green75 ? The whole center of this plant looks like a cabbage patch! Like my other auto that blew up after removing the leaves, this one did too but instead of height it got so dense with short stumpy stems and leaves that no light is getting in there even tho I have 5 40watt cfls a few inches above it.
      I know it didn't have much potential from the get but I feel like my only hope of getting anything off all those future bud sights is to get a lot of those leaves outta there. It's pretty much impossible to lst those little short stems. I counted 23 future bud sights on this plant but many are in/under that mess of leaves.

Comment

you already know what im going to suggest...cut those fans off so those nodes will grow more/faster....if you have not topped her ....bend her over even if all you can bend is a little....

clean that middle out while you can still get in there

fat donkdonk...huh love'em

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X