Death by vote- you decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death by vote- you decide

Today you get to help me decide if this plant gets the axe or if mercy is the way, please read and vote.

So ive had this GSC clone for the longest time. It's 1 month older than my Blue Cheese seedling. They both started flowering on the same day almost 6 weeks ago. The clone is still doing horrible, thin, whispy buds, barely a smell unless you practically shove the buds in your nose, I got the cutting from a friend who was doing bad at growing and I thought I could take bad genetics and do better. The seeding is a frosty beast in comparison, and smells like sharp cheese on a plate made of pine cones with a hint of skunk. So this makes me hate the clone even more. You could read about it on my page but I'm long winded and it's like 10 years just to read it if you can't tell.

So here are my questions:

(1)Kill it? If so then why?

(2)Don't kill it, but give it less light and attention, let it be worthless and see what happens? Why/why not?

(3)Don't do a thing. Keep giving it all the love and light it can handle. Why/why not?
    Kill it
    33.33%
    Don't kill it, reduce attention and focus light elsewhere.
    33.33%
    Do nothing.
    33.33%

I chose option 2 with a caveat. As long as she isn't taking up valuable space or causing you to spend more time than a feeding every few days, let her go.

Extracts don't care how solid your nugs are....

Comment

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been contemplating making wax out of it. Thanks for reaffirming that possibility.

However, would live resin be better or yield more? Or would you recommend curing first and then refining?

I've only used cured nugs. Never fresh.

• Royal Nugs
      Royal Nugs commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not the extraction expert. I've only worked with cured material like you. Decarb and make butter, oil, hash, tincture, etc.

Live resin is interesting but I think it's very involved?

Hi Professor

Girl Scout Cookies is one of my favorites I like the platinum sooooooo. I'd take a clone that you raise not someone else. If you have the room to veg take a cutting. Make it be what it wants to be, good bud!
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Karlee
      Karlee commented
      Editing a comment
      I voted but you didn't have my option LOL (this month and voting go figure)

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for voting. I value your vote lol I promised my campaign would be simple. Cut and dry lol

I would take a cutting but I've watched my friend ruin these genetics for years now. This long distant cousin of GSC fell far from the tree. I thought I could do better. I feel these genetics are beyond repair. However I do have GSC & Train wreck seeds that will be next. No more clones for me unless I'm breeding

Picture please...

Comment

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      Just posted

I say Off with his roots!! 👹 "La vie aussi"

Comment

Green75, these photos are almost a week old. The clone is the first 2 pictures. The seedling is pic 3&4
      Last edited by Lotusyde; 11-20-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Karlee
        Karlee commented
        Editing a comment
        It isn't thriving :-( Lot's of seeds to try, it's a waste of power and water and time. (maybe you hate it and it knows what you're thinking?) LOL

• Charlie
        Charlie commented
        Editing a comment
        I could be just the difference in the strains. I still vote to kill it. put your attention and resources to something more productive.

I vote for keeping her a while longer.

Comment

If these are your only two plants and you have tons of room to keep that plant then keep it and put it in your butter bag if you have more plants get rid of it if you only has those two plants and room is tight and definitely get rid of it I have two in my tent that I should have put the axe to long ago.....that plant will do nothing but get frosty ...hopefully

The best way to produce the highest quality product is to cull plants at each stage of growth. Learn more about how to cull your garden.

Link for info. for people unfamiliar with term...

Comment

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          I voted kill it....move other plant to more light...

• Royal Nugs
          Royal Nugs commented
          Editing a comment
          Good article Greenie.

I dontknownttin, but I see a harvest in your future.

Comment

I voted number 3. Let her live out here life cycle........she isn't hermied, is she?

Comment

• Lotusyde
            Lotusyde commented
            Editing a comment
            Not hermied, would she if I gave her less light?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X