To Top or Fim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Top or Fim

So I heard that you can get more cola's with this FIMing, however there is a possibility that it does not break the dominance at all. Whats the experience?
    My plant will be 3 weeks old this weekend and has about 5 nodes, so want to make the chop tomorrow

Looks like a auto? Is it

Comment

• DurbanBoy
      DurbanBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      G13 haze, what makes it look like an auto?

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      The size of the side branch’s growing out already.

• DurbanBoy
      DurbanBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      She has been loving the 150w CFL, must be why. Still to try auto's , this is my first in door always been an out door guy. Growing that Durban Poison in Durban lol

id say attempt to fim if you dont succeed then you already topped it. it is very rare to find a plant that keeps on growing one cola in witch case youll need to top further down where two tips are already growing

Comment

I'd try fim, too. I know that's fine looking canidate, looks healthy, an like she has been growing real good.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Either top or fim will force the plant to focus on side branches. The only real difference is that toping can be done anytime anywhere on the plant. Just like taking a clone. But fim consist of “toping” Two nodes at the same time while there’s almost no space in between them. So both nodes get the “boost” in growth. It’s not about how fat a cola gets. It’s about how many colas you end up with

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was just interesting topic that's been on my mind a bit but that completely makes sense i was wondering cause its splitting its energy into 4 instead of 2 so it makes you wonder if you wouldve gotten a better product over a yield is what I was really trying to say

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        @9 fingerleafs good right up with a couple of exceptions
        Topping a plant consist of cutting the main branch of a plant at the nest node down so the 2 new growth shoots get all the energy from the plant
        Fiming a plant is when you cut the new growth from the very top of the plant the theory behind this is the if you fim correctly you get 3 new growths instead of the 2 with topping
        Fim got its name because someone said Fuck I missed ,then instead of the two growth shoots he got 3 ,
        it has been my experience that topping is much easier than fimming because you dont have to be so precise with your cuts
        It has also been my experience that when you top go down to new growth shoots that are at least 1/2 inch long when you cut the top of the plant it seems to slow the growth of the plant, so I would cut the plant at the 4 inch mark in your picture instead of the 5 1/2 inch mark to keep rapid growth going

Thanks for all the advice, A good ol Fimming tomorrow it is then

Comment

So she is fimmed, I chopped the very top section was going to do more but videos seemed to use the smallest section.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Now we just have to wait a day or two to know how it went

• DurbanBoy
          DurbanBoy commented
          Editing a comment
          It worked!!!
          FIM'ed and like 4 days later and they came through now the 4 nodes are growing strong the lower nodes grew quicker and bigger than the top 2 but they all the same height. Now 14 days later just LST'ed them
          I didnt get any weird growth, will defo do it again.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          excellent my friend im very glad you succeded, fimming correctly can be tricky sometimes

I'm thinking about fiming ,a 69 day old supposedly RedPoison autoflower, also ,what about that, it aint gonna hurt nothin, lol.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I've done both. I now just top. Fimming was fun and watching the new growth sometimes being strange, topping g for me is simpler knowing I'll get2 colas for sure and then top other places. It slows the growth a bit but I don't flip until my plants are 55-65 (is days) in veg anyway.
          My 2 cents to your I treating thread. Thanks to all🥂
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree Tika I keep my plants in veg for 8 to 12 weeks to get them all the way I want them at least thats the starting plan lol

I’ve growing bouth autos and photos in the same room at the same time with no problems. First 18/6 till autos are done switch to 12/12 for the photos thay get big with many bud sites I keep topping till the switch and the stretch witch is where I’m at now two weeks into the stretch and looking to do another week at least the autos I used are cherry bomb and the photos are Liberty haze with ffof in 3gal.sp’s mixed with perlite 2pounds per bag using ff nutes and 600 watts with a 440 exaust fan and a couple 6 inch fans moveing the inside air around a carbon filter/silencer in front of light growing like hell 😎

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            hey Potted you top just before flip I was always a little scared about doing that thinking they wont have time to go out before buds start see learn something new all the time thanks

I just topped 7 just to slow them down and it worked they all delayed for about 6 days and really now they are rocking . Except one she has one tall side and one short.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X