12hr sunlight + 12hr indoor light work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12hr sunlight + 12hr indoor light work?

Hey guys, i'm a new grower and i haven't got the money to buy the best bulbs for my indoor set up.
    I have two autos, one is a critical and the other is unknown to me.
    They were planted at the same time, roughly almost three weeks old and i've kept them under five CFLs. 4 are daylight 50w and i have on big 105w warm white, all running at the same time to give my plants the full spectrum.
    These girls are growing on natural soil and i've only given them nutrients once about 6 days ago, and a very low dosage since they are still young. I've noticed that the Critical is growing 4 times faster than the unknown plant i have, probably just because it's a better strain.
    Next to my room i have a decent sized balcony where i get sunlight from 8 am to around 6pm.
    My question is the following, is it a good idea to take my plants out from 8-6 to natural sunlight and later bring them in under my CFLs until morning again once the sun is up?
    They would be getting a total of 24hs of light just like they are now, the only difference is that they would be getting natural sunlight for a few hours which i think would help them grow a bit larger.
    I'm from Argentina (south america, Maradona, Messi, best bitches in the world :P) and it's summer here so it does get a little hot. With that in mind i'd bring them inside around 1pm on the days it gets really hot.
    I'm aware that having them outside in a considerable amount of heat may cause some stress and i'd have to keep a close eye on the water intake.
    With that said do you guys think it's a good idea to do this? Is it worth it? will it help my plants grow a bit better or is it an unnecessary risk?
    Furthermore i'm doing a bit of experimenting trying different things and i've started to train my critical, i've topped it, did some defoliating and now i've scrOGged it. all in early stages since autoflowers have very limited grow periods. I dont know to what point all this information i give is useful but since i'm new at this i'd rather not leave important things out.

All and any advice is helpful!

Cheers from Argentina!
    -Mr. Porro

Putting them outside is a good idea. I take my autos out of the tent every day if it is sunny.
    On your hotter days, put them outside but get yourself a small fan and have it moving the air through your girls.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• jdflores07
      jdflores07 commented
      Editing a comment
      i have a fan pointing at them now as they chill outside! they're looking good out there!

Putting them outside would be fine. Just be careful of bugs and that heat.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• jdflores07
      jdflores07 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, i'm keeping a close eye on them

Ah, summer south of the equator. We got 4 inches of snow on the ground this morning.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Depending on the type of space heater it could work as a dehumidifier too by drying the air out

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deadhead91 it's a coil heater. I didn't realize it could but temping my room it's like 80f 35% rh in my room the tent has exhaust and fans on low and I have 2 passive intakes. So guess the circulation is good lol. Was worried about the tent being next to 2 windows that aren't insulated very well old house and landlord is a cheapo.

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice I can't wait till I've saved enough for my own tent set up

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X