X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! How do I defoliate this?!

I don’t even know where to start.
    First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

I would start at the bottom and cut out the leaves that aren't getting any light. Then I would thin out the top looking down to expose any more bud sites.
    Then I would do it again next week.
    But only after feeding first of course.
    Last edited by Canuck147; 02-21-2018, 09:29 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I would get a single plant out of there and do what Canuck said. Then the next one and so on.

Comment

Canuck and 9fingerleafs said it right. Do it like skimming a boring book, hunting for key words. I like to follow each branch from its origin, and somewhere along its length, take one leaf. Preferably, where there are nodes with 2 leaves, take one of them. Go around each branch, systematically and do that one by one. That will help you go slow, and pick leaves the most strategically, and not get entranced to find that you've completely denuded her and stressed her to shit.

You can always go back and take more, but you can't put them back if you take too much.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Thanks guys! Well what I Did was remove all big and medium big fan leaves. As soon I removed The big ones The plants became more airy looking. Snipped a few smaller leaves here and there But left most of them intact. Now I know that you should always take only one leaf per node. I removed both leaves per node in many places. Hope it won’t stress them too much.
          First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Comment

• Bartholomew
            Bartholomew commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks guys!

• Jibblerjoe
            Jibblerjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            D passion plants can take any defolation you can give them. Remove some of the lowest third of growth, the lower branches need cleaned a little and the tops will grow even stronger. They look beautiful. I give a good defol 21 days into flower.

• Bartholomew
            Bartholomew commented
            Editing a comment
            Jibblerjoe Thanks for The advice! Appreciated! D passion is amazing! Although I can only compare it to my first Grow in Which i used random bag Seed. The result was awful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180211_130650831.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1,017.4 KB
ID:	178261 the12th, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180215_170618161.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	178263 15th Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180218_171608740.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	178262 18th. This is a mephisto, mid plant is Dutch passion daquari lime going to get a defol later today, bout 3rd wk of flower, I remove lowest branches lower growth called lolly popping and strip all leaves blocking flower sites at this time.
          Your plants are beautiful, some don't even remove leaves.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            You got the right plan, Bartholomew, you know what your doing. Nice job, your gonna have some fine buds too.

• Bartholomew
            Bartholomew commented
            Editing a comment
            D.A.A.S.69 Thanks! I hope So. It’s Past The 7th week mark Right now, craving for that danky dank dank. Btw the plant that’s in the top Right corner showing early flowers, Will it Grow more in height? Or does vertical Stop at this point?

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Bartholomew, oh yeah, she ain't thru growing. Your plants really look nice.

Bartholomew

Perhaps do a side by side comparison, defoliate some and leave some alone. Watch them grow side by side and compare their harvests....

The results will surprise you.

Happy Growing, your ladies look amazing, they will grow and make
          buds no matter how much or little you prune.

Comment

• Bartholomew
            Bartholomew commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s an idea. Probably Gonna start experimenting and Testing After this Grow is successfull and The next Grow i’ve upgraded to a rdwc hydro system. There The ph and ec are uniform for all plants Which is perfect for side by side comparisons. Plus I’ve Got friends to feed on 420, So maximizing yield is top Priority Right now.
            Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X