Plant Waste Disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Waste Disposal

I am wondering how you all deal with clippings and plant waste. I do trimming and defoliation and end up with a significant amount of plant waste. I typically save up some cardboard boxes and yard waste and burn it all together but I always fear the smell being pumped out. How do you all dispose of the plant material?

keep all weed trash in separate trash bag I dispose mine in the local police dumpster

Comment

If they are healthy, I feed them to my earthworms, if questionable, I usually burn. Not to worried about smell, since my fires usually contain much stronger smells. I do live in a legal state though. Well sealed trash bag is probably the safest.
      The young healthy leaves are great for juicing, and possibly do more from a medical perspective then bud or extracts, as far as CBD goes, also a superfood.
      There is a limit on how much I can make myself eat before I start feeling like Chong ,parked on the sidewalk though.....
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Chop them down while still fresh. Let dry and store for a rainy day. Lots of cannabinoids in those leafs. I regularly vape fan leaves with great results

Comment

What ever I don't use for making hash. Goes in the composter.

Comment

You know, the best use of leftovers I ever experienced, was a year or two ago, for my birthday. My dad gave me a pipe he made out of the base of a stalk, big AK plant.
            The thing filled your hand, definitely a party bowl! Bet a main lined plant would work great for that.....
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Bag em up for otto the garbage man.

Comment

Throw em in the wood stove.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

For indoor grows at home I chop them up with garden shears and bury in the vegetable garden. If its an outdoor guerrilla grown plant I move it a couple hundred yards from grow spot, chop it up with a hoe, and work it into the leaf litter. I live in a Gestapo state and need to be pretty careful though.

Comment

I use the waste to make bubble hash. Stems and roots get thrown onto the garden.
                    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                    Mars Hydro
                    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I save all of the trimmings and small stems and make DIH out of them, bake it and cap it! Wonderful, "waste not, want not!"
                      Oh, The leftover leftovers, I spread in the back yard to decompose (return to the Mother earth, so to speak)
                      Last edited by DW2; 02-22-2018, 12:15 PM. Reason: additional info
                      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X