What's new with vaporizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's new with vaporizers

I just moved to Australia after using my Extreme Q for years - decided to not bring it on the trip with me haha. Any recos for a new vaporizer? There are so many brands now

I'm subbed to see where this goes. I'm waiting for the Boundless CFC 2.0 to come out. It's got the features I want and is under $100

Certainly for dependability the Pax 3 is the best if not just for the 10 year warranty alone.

From another thread I posted a while back, there are a myriad of opinions but warranty to price seem to be a major factor.
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

I tell you what, I had the extreme q and then bought the "plenty" makers of the volcano. You will love it. One hit and I pushed the extreme q to the curb.
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the plenty!!!

fuck all that, smoke out of a can aussie style, or start smoking some splifs, you wont be able to quit (:

Comment

Blasting mad clouds. Dudes
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

The pax 3 is awesome but i would not at all recommend it for concentrate. But I would suggest the pax2 because it is a bit cheaper for flower only.
          1.5x3x5 virtual sun grow tent
          Oppolite 315 LEC
          4" 190 cft. Exhaust with carbon filter.
          1 candy kush express using general hydroponics and botanicare
          1 candy kush express using advanced nutriants iguana line.

Both will be using hydrogaurd and botanicare sweet.

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know the differences but only 3.o pax has 10 year warranty

• Boco2017
            Boco2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            The pax3 the only real difference is you can do concentrate from it but I have been severely disappointed with that part of it but it's great for flower tho the pax2 is only flower and pax1 I'm not sure to be honest.

• Boco2017
            Boco2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have yet to find or hear of one good for concentrate I thought the pax3 was the answer but it was not sadly

Right in your neighborhood.... https://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/#page=1

Comment

Oh shit I didn't check this thread for a while. Thanks for the recos! I went with the Firefly 2 and it riiiiiiips: https://vaporizersdirect.com.au/firefly-2 loving this thing

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I have the firefly 2. They keep updating it and the new temps will work for concentrates. But I prefer to turn mine down to a very low setting and enjoy the true flavor. Your not putting out huge waves of smoke, which my wife likes, and you taste every nuance of the bud. You can also smoke in places that smell is a concern. If you want lots of smoke just turn up the temp.

It always amazes me when you just put in unground whole bud and then when your done it's a fine unburned powder. Still cant figure out that one. Lol

Wow $429.99 must be in Australian dollars. Is $309.59 American. Very pricey! My wife has had one of these for 3 years https://www.planetofthevapes.com/pro...5-0s-vaporizer I think I paid a hundred bucks for it back then. Actually have gone down in price. Such a deal!

Comment

For concentrate I like my Yocan magneto. The thing rips, sub ohm dual chamber ceramic coil, threaded cap for holding wax on the bottom, built in dab tool on the lid which is magnetic along with the mouth piece. You can pretty much sneak it in anywhere. Battery life could be a little better but that's because of the coil.
              "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
              5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
              600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
              Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
              400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
              ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
              13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                🤣🤣🤣nice

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                1100 mAH built in battery. Not replaceable that's a negative. According to some reviews there have been some coil problems. But at $20 to $25 on ebay I'm going to pick one up. That price makes it disposable.
                Last edited by starramus; 09-16-2018, 03:57 AM.

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                If I'm at a concert and handing it around probably the night, but you go through about 1 1/2 grams in the night. If I'm using it for daily use probably about three days. It has replaceable coils, you can clean them in between, the dab tool takes about .05 to .1 grams max and you can get 3-4 giant hits if you want or just hit on it slowly and have it last all day sometimes. You know, depends on the day and the dumb ass you're dealing with. No special charging cord just a micro USB plug, charged quick enough for me. Usually over night. It's just a little fatter than your standard 510 thread ego battery. I promise..... I don't work for them 😂🤣

At that price you can pick up a six pack. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...gneto&_sacat=0
              Last edited by starramus; 09-14-2018, 03:33 PM. Reason: the price is right

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                I see the coils are fairly cheap at around $20.00 for 5. @Rosetta Stoned what has been your coil failure rate?

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                I've replaced one since I've bought it. Had it since fall 2016. Another note, It does get warm when being constantly used but that's to be expected, I say. Also really stable shatter is the only concentrate that I have trouble with. It doesnt stick to the dab tool when its clean (how often is it clean though?) After that, the odd shapes can be a little precarious to get in there. At least when trying to be discreet about it. Pull and snap to rosin/resin are the best for it in my experience.

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info. When i order I will purchase the set of 5 coils anyway just in case. I have to admit I didn't know what a sub ohm vape was. Simply a vape with a coil with less than 1 ohm resistance. Excellent article https://vapingdaily.com/what-is-vaping/sub-ohm-vaping/

I got myself a Focus Vape Pro S on sale. it has a glass bubbler and I bought an attachment for the bong.
              complete beginner
              39" x 39" x 78" tent
              315 Watt CMH
              Mega Crop nutes

Comment

@Rosetta Stoned

I bought two of them at $20.00 each. I should have bought more. I also picked up 5 replacement coils just in case for $20.25. Picked up 8 grams of shatter on sale at Maggie's Farm for $75.00. At these prices i am saving up to be Donald Trump.

Last edited by starramus; 10-06-2018, 05:53 PM. Reason: i'll need some tax help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X