yellowing seedling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellowing seedling

Hi just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this to a single plant. All the rest from this cycle are A-OK.

It's a Sweet Nurse Auto. PH is generally 5.8-6.0
    Still in Rockwool. root tips are only just starting to show at bottom so i'll be transplanting very soon. It's the same size as its siblings and all were germinated at the same time from the same supplier. All currently fed 60ml per day of nutrients with CalMag, some root grow booster & flora nova grow. 16hrs of full spectrum LED lighting. average 48%RH and 29C

Many Thanks,

TAPIOKA

Looks like nitrogen deficiency but it could be just a bad seed genetic

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead91 View Post
      Looks like nitrogen deficiency but it could be just a bad seed genetic
      yeah i'm just not sure about the nitrogen deficiency as all the seedlings are fed from the same mix. surely a mineral deficiency would affect the whole crop?

I'm wondering if maybe the seed/ling was damaged and i didn't notice?

Comment

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably a bad seed do you feed them all from the same water gallon or separate water feeds per plant?

Morning Tapioca, ain't that strange? The rest are fine, look great,
      What I'm thinking is maybe that one rw, block didn't get treated properly like the other Grodan did. You really got to get your blocks soaked in right ph water, or its pretty much a no go from the start.
      But I'm sure you know all about that rockwool, I use it too, an love it, I just don't take my wrappers off, while it's in the coco, until the roots are coming out the sides of the Grodan in a huge way.
      You can grow some big plants in small pots ,with those Grodan blocks in coco.
      But I sure hope you can get her figured out. Good luck,
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
        Morning Tapioca, ain't that strange? The rest are fine, look great,
        What I'm thinking is maybe that one rw, block didn't get treated properly like the other Grodan did. You really got to get your blocks soaked in right ph water, or its pretty much a no go from the start.
        But I'm sure you know all about that rockwool, I use it too, an love it, I just don't take my wrappers off, while it's in the coco, until the roots are coming out the sides of the Grodan in a huge way.
        You can grow some big plants in small pots ,with those Grodan blocks in coco.
        But I sure hope you can get her figured out. Good luck,
        Thanks D.A.A.S.69 - (Doug Anthony All Stars?)

When I wrote my original post i was pretty sure the root tips were only just showing through as that was what i had seen a day or two before. but it may have been a different crop i was remembering. when i checked on this yellowing plant later (after posting) i found the roots were nearly 6 inches long and soaking in the pool of nutrients. the tray was on a slight slope and this plant was on the downward side so was soaking a lot more nutrient than it should have been. im hoping that was what caused this. so i quickly potted it and its siblings into coco. it seems to be outgrowing the damage. the newer leaves are a uniform shade of green. but they are a much lighter colour than their siblings. i flushed it with just water when i potted it and then continued with the same nutrient dose as its siblings every day after. this is how it looks today, 3 days after potting.

BTW this is my first grow so i know very little about what im doing

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Tapioca, sounds like you are doing everything right, what I don't get is that different colored plant, I'm thinking it might grow out of that, with a little time, but I'm not positive about that. Just keep a close eye on her ,is all i know.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X