Monster Cropping Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Cropping Clones

I've re-veged a really nice plant, and all the smart money says that monster cropped plants will have reduced yields. So I've cut clones from it, and now I'm wondering if the cloned plants from a monster cropped plant will also have decided yields in the same manner, or should they grow more like a regularly cloned flower that wasn't monster cropped? If I need to expect significantly reduced yields, I'll need to cut more clones to get the same amount of bud.

Is this an experiment or.....????

What's your motivation if I may ask?

Comment

• Wannabebotanist23
      Wannabebotanist23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Isnt every grow somewhat of an experiment?

• jalbertson
      jalbertson commented
      Editing a comment
      Existentialism. Awesome. It's an experiment up until the point you harvest, because it could go wrong at any point, that's deep.

Fantastic genetics, and I have no idea what the strain is, and I'm not comfortable ordering seeds online because of where I live, and I don't really have access to good genetics. Pretty much just junk bag seeds around. And partly an experiment, couldn't find an answer online.

Comment

Do you plan on repoting her into bigger pot.?

Is she clean of all buds..?

Have you cut her down to half her height..?

Comment

No, yes, yes. I'm just using it as a mother to get some clones. It's growing fine.

Comment

Best of luck my friend...

Comment

Anyone else have any insight or experience in this field of study?

Comment

Best of luck jalbert (for some reason, I want to write jailbird, lol).
              I'm not very experienced, but I would think the clones would not be affected by the mother being monster cropped, since that has nothing to do with its genetic profile.

I know you said you don't like ordering seeds because of where you live, but Seedsman particularly are very stealthful if you add the extra charge for it to your order. My seeds came in a brand new bra box, tucked inside the brand new bra. I had a hard time finding them. They are very clever with the way they send seeds. There was a thread a while back, others got a toy truck, a watch, condoms, a plastic tablecloth and a few other clever things.

Comment

Thanks. Good point about the genetics. But if you clone a plant, turn it into a mother, take clones, make one a mother, take clones from that, then make one of those a mother and keep taking clones and making mother's, the strain will eventually start getting weak, right? It's almost like generations of inbreeding, something's going to get weird at some point. That was the theory we were always taught when we were kids.

Comment

• Green75
                  Green75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No...never get weeker

once upon a time there was also a thread about that. I would think the same thing, though others do just that. Maybe Nebula will come along later tonight and answer this for you.

Comment

The other option is to never let the mother flower. Apparently you can keep a mother plant for years and just use her for clones.

Comment

Well sure, I just wasn't expecting this strain to be so good, and now I can't just go get some seeds or clones. Kind of my only option right now.

Comment

Well good luck, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Hell yeah, thanks.

Comment

Any other thoughts out there in the world of weed?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X