Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow

Hey Guys,
    Thankyou for adding me to group, first time grower with previous experience in Horticulture in a Wholesale nursery 10 years ago. Sharing what started as a bit of fun back in September (In Australia Sept is Spring, March is Autumn) but has taken over my like as of late.
    Started with 16, after identifying males I'm down to 11. No idea what strain it is, was given random seeds that appear to be of the one strain.
    The I've used a premium potting mix, unfortunately it all comes with slow release fertiliser that I had to leach from pots when first started. Plants were always submerged in bucket of water with diluted liquid fertiliser twice a week as I always liked leaching with water on daily basis to prevent excessive salt buildup.
    They were staked recently as I have no idea how big the buds are going to get and wanted to prevent branch snapping.

A Few Questions

1. I'm in second week of flowering, would love to transplant from current 300mm pot into 430mm, but I'm concerned that this will cause shock to plant and disrupt flowering process, thoughts?

2. No idea what strain it is, plants currently measure 1.6m high from top of soil to stop of canopy, if people can make educated guesses going off photos (Sorry for poor quality I only have IPhone) I'd be appreciative.

3. Any need for further defoliation.
    4. A reliable source for quality seeds to Australia?

Thanks for the add and I'm open to constructive criticism, after all it's a learning process

Comment

Comment

Hi BundyBuds
        Some nice looking plants. If they are under the sun, there is no need for further defoliation.
        The transplant question is trickier and would depend on your experience with transplanting. They would have benefited from larger pots, but this is a sensitive time to be shocking them. They are likely root-bound and may not recover in their new homes. Further, you want the plant focused on flowers not roots at this stage. Can you prepare soil that will match what they are in and not deliver a shot of N? I am not sure how I'd handle that... I had terrible luck the one time I tried to transplant a flowering cannabis plant... it had other issues (toxicity), and it did not survive.
        Seedsman ships worldwide including Australia. reliable and timely.

Comment

Hey BundyBud, are you any kin to Al an Bud Bundy ? Jus kidn, that's my favorite tv show.
          But man your plants look fine to me, your gonna have some nice buds, I wouldn't take any leaves off though, but a guy named OzBud, on here lives in Australia, and I think he got his seeds from World of Seeds, or either Seedsman, .
          I ain't never dunked my plants like you do, but it looks like it's working ok.
          and welcome to GWE.
          ps- do you see alot of poisonous snakes over there. ??
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by Campesino View Post
            Hi BundyBuds
            Some nice looking plants. If they are under the sun, there is no need for further defoliation.
            The transplant question is trickier and would depend on your experience with transplanting. They would have benefited from larger pots, but this is a sensitive time to be shocking them. They are likely root-bound and may not recover in their new homes. Further, you want the plant focused on flowers not roots at this stage. Can you prepare soil that will match what they are in and not deliver a shot of N? I am not sure how I'd handle that... I had terrible luck the one time I tried to transplant a flowering cannabis plant... it had other issues (toxicity), and it did not survive.
            Seedsman ships worldwide including Australia. reliable and timely.
            Cheers for your insight, the plants aren't rootbound but definetly kicking myself in the bum I never transplanted a month ago to larger pots. However I do have a smaller female I call my 'runt' I have the same potting mix, sugar cane mulch , etc Was thinking of just transplanting her as an experiment just to see what happens, if it works and she flourishes, brilliant. If she struggles well she's my smallest plant but sacrificed in the name of Horticultural Science...lol. The plan will be to transplant keeping her in the cooler part of my garden, she will be watered with a seaweed solution to reduce root shock, restaked and an inch of sugar cane mulch to keep root system cool, will post update in an hour

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like a brilliant plan!

Update;
            So I've chosen one plant to transplant from 300mm to 430mm it was a smaller plant from my crop but overall healthy. After planting I watered in with Seasol solution, applied a 30mm layer of mulch then staked. 2 weeks into flowering so I'm not sure how it will be affected but will keep everyone undated

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Good work!
              The only problem now is that if you decide to do the rest, you should do them ASAP. But I also would want to see how the one responds... I would certainly want to be done with this within the next week and before the end of the stretch.

Thanks Campesino, As tempting as it is, this will be the only one I repot. The plants as they are will make it to harvest fine and should yield well, therefore I'm not going to risk repotting them all and lose the crop or jeopardise yield. I'm willing to submit to rookie error and if the experiment does work I'll know or hopefully someone else through this forum will know for next time 😉

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed... I think the one plant is a reasonable experiment. You got to see the roots and they didn't look as bad as I had feared.
              With your soil situation, I would look into getting Coco coir for future runs. It can be shipped and would save you a ton of headaches with that soil.

Besides it's my first crop, I'd be devastated if I lost it from here...lol

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Must not be kinfolks, I don't reckon, good luck anyway.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X