Got a hermie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a hermie

​​Checking on my girls last night and discovered one had a little boy in her damn! Last grow was hermied to pulled males asap soon as I found characteristics, way before the Flowering Stage and still got seeds. What am I doing WRONG?

hey Trim what’s all the details? Strain,Growing medium, temps, humidity light schedules etc..
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

Genetics, stress, and then lighting.
      Gentics are making it want to do that (so that's not your fault)
      Stress triggers the response to self reproduce (consistent environment?)
      And the lighting seems too far away (the only thing I can see from the pictures)

I think your plants would like more light, I tend to only get male flowers/hermaphroditing on certain strains only on budsites in the middle shade or low on the plants
      2 feet or 24 inches or 60cm between top colas and bulb would help your plants in multiple ways.

Comment

Not sure on genetics,at the time I'm using bag seed. As far as stress goes, I think earlier in the grow I may of had a slight deficiency of some kind. I am relatively new to this only my 3rd grow. MY first was 1 plant bag seed and grew her outdoors, my 2nd &3rd have been indoors. But here is my setup scenario.

(Lights) VEG. 600 watt MH/ FLOWER 600 watt HPS
        (Grow Medium) Regular non nutrient potting soil with perlite
        (NUTES) Fox Farm Trio Organic
        (Light Schedule) 18 hrs. Veg. 10 hrs. FLOWER
        (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline EXHAUST fan 240 cfm.
        (Air Circulation) 2- 6inch clip on fans, "1 blowing over top of plants,& 1 blowing at base of plants"
        (GROW SPACE) Closet "5ft.X2.5ft.X7ft.
        (REFLECT) Panda Plastic

I know my genetics suck I have just got the courage up to order good genetics 3 weeks ago I sent the money off for 5 feminized Northern Lights Beans and can't wait to get them although I know it's probably gonna be another 6 to 8 weeks before I get them I live in Tn. And nothing is legalized here as of now but I'm hoping with my stems crossed thanks for the input I appreciate it very much.

Comment

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          Do u have any light leaks during dark period maby a tiny led light green red or blue on some electronic?

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey I forgot to mention your plants look really good. You are doing fine if not better than most. Real thick stems and chunky buds already!

I wouldn't worry about the few little imperfections, seeds, or whatevers that come up. You will figure them out as time goes on. Enjoy your ladies I think they are real nice, looking forward to watching them ripen in the next few weeks. Post some more pics for us please?

Sounds like you have no lighting issues to me. Every bag seed I’ve grown ends showing nanners. Just started my first grow with good genetics so I’ll find out if it’s me or the bagseed soon enough
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH
        2x innova 19w full spec led
        175cfm fan, can 33 filter
        8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey BlueBudz, you better not get no nanners, on your new grow. Jus kidn.
          If you got good seeds going now, you ain't gonna have no nanners.

• BlueBudz
          BlueBudz commented
          Editing a comment
          My bagseed in flower right now actually doesn’t have any and I’ll be chopping her soon!

To KingKush, thanks for the words of encouragement really appreciate them. Always makes a difference to me when folks tell folks that the hard work their doin is payin off thanks again (Bud) lol and I'll post weekly pics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X