Inline Exhaust Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inline Exhaust Fan

Well my Tent and light will be here early next week Now I need exhaust and filter, I'm looking at the 4" Ipower inline kit, as usual there are way to many choices. Does anyone have opinions on Ipower? Or any other brands, I have about $100.00 to spend. OH exciting news this AM, my first sprout came up, not sure what it is because it is bag seed given to me by a neighbor, I started a journal and will post pics etc. in another post. I'm excited.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Hope it’s a girl, and good luck. Look for one with a speed control built in a little more coin but worth it. Lol

Comment

I've had a cap 435 running 100% for a year straight. They run about $90 new. I got mine used for $40 at a pawn shop.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow a year straight? I'm already questioning getting a new one for summer but because I need a bigger one to pull more heat and keep the humidity down in flower. I found a can fan s400 no speed setting for $40 US at my local hydro/ garden store. With tax it was a little more but it also came with a 5 year warranty. The one I need is only $20 more.

• Waltermelon
        Waltermelon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. The one before that was a hydrofarm 969 that was a handle down. It ran for 4 years then I handed it down to another friend. It was still running strong until he died about 4 months ago. I have no idea where it is now. but I'm sure if it's plugged in, it's still spinning. There is something to be said about you get what you pay for... Most of the time. I'm not knocking knock-offs, but if it comes down to it I'd rather go with the more innovative companies if it's the same or close to the same price. I'd personally go with the can fan in your case instead of the el cheapo. Spending money up front, (most of the time) saves money on the back end.

May I suggest whatever filter u pick get a prefilter sock to go over it, keeps larger things and moisture from clogging up filter and can b washed out whenever needed I do mine every mounth when in use.

Comment

I have the kit you're thinking about...
        It works, but there were certainly times where I wish it had speed control. It creates negative air pressure pulling through a carbon filter and blowing through a muffler - and I have two active air intakes. If doing it again, I'd invest a bit more for variable speed, but if I only had $100, it is an option that works. (comes with prefilter that Potted suggests)

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          There a reason you can’t use one of the variable speed controllers you plug the fan into? Something like this. Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TFTITS?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can actually even make one from a dimmer light switch. But they are cheap enough...

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I considered getting one, but my wife approved budget was very limited and I needed other things at that point. I heard using them made the fan louder, which is also an issue, but yeah, I should get one before the next round goes in the tent.

Originally posted by Campesino View Post
        I have the kit you're thinking about...
        It works, but there were certainly times where I wish it had speed control. It creates negative air pressure pulling through a carbon filter and blowing through a muffler - and I have two active air intakes. If doing it again, I'd invest a bit more for variable speed, but if I only had $100, it is an option that works. (comes with prefilter that Potted suggests)
        Think I'll go with it. I can always add a 3 speed switch later. Is the fan fairly quiet?
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I have it running through a vivosun noise reducer/muffler so it’s not bad now. It did however prompt me to purchase the muffler

Got that same kit it works good have it under a speed control and it' fairly quiet althoug I have it on low because I'm in a 2ftx2ftx55 inches

Comment

Thank you all for the help. Not sure how long filters last but when I need a replacement I'll get the noise reducer/muffler. I'll order a fan switch in a couple weeks. My 2 day old sprout looks very healthy this morning "Hope it is a little girl". I plan on taking a photo each week and starting a journal to share on here.

I have another question, how do I know what speed is best? my tent is a Millard 3x3x6.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks OJ, I'm going to try that, simple enough. I bet even I can handle it.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 so are you wrapping the bungee around the mounting bracket? I actually went to the hardware store yesterday and got some rubber washers was going to put those between the fan and the rafter. My wife is tired of our vibrating dining room floor, who’d have thought.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I ended up just zip tying the fan to the bungee cord or tarp cord I think is what those heavy black ones are called. Turned speed controller to max and no vibration above. Yay!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X