Auto Drip Systems - Anyone build one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Drip Systems - Anyone build one?

My tent is on a second floor with no water, I have to carry the water every day if I want to water every day. Then I have to carry the runoff away and dump it in the garden. I'm looking into building a really small drip system ( no waste) so I just fill the reservoir when it's empty. This will make flushing easy too. All the videos I find are pretty bad at explaining things so I'm asking here

Does anyone know a good info resource for this?

Foraflex looks nice but seems expensive for what it is, some folks build cheap systems from parts at any hardware store. I' talking small, for a 3x3 tent so I think it would be really manageable

thanks
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Hey cronk. I wouldn’t think it would be hard. Just finding all the parts you need. You could build a very cheap one with a bucket small pump, lines and shut off valves or no valves and a timer on the pump to cycle as often as you see fit
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Blue, yes the parts are readily available but the right ones are hard to know. a lot of vids I see show leaking joints, cheap parts, inaccurate timers, failing pumps, etc.... hard to know what's the good stuff.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya I think if your looking to save money it’s just part of it. Trial and error. You could simply find a reservoir and elevate it. Run some small hoses with small shut off valves to each and regulate the flow with the valves. Bus as water level goes down so would flow rate.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m going to be making a top feed dwc today if that helps lol

They sell entire kits at home Depot. The systems may need to be modified to fit your set up, but all the fittings instructions, and pieces you didn't even know you needed will be in it.

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, mang. I'll check it out

I built a cheep one when I went into the hospital for a week. I used a I’v bag hung above plant gravity fed with a clamp to slow the drip to desired amount. I think the same thing can b done with any type of container and could b split to drip more than one plant. My2$

Comment

Timers. I hear youtubers talking about timers on their systems but I have yet to see a clear shot of one, or an explanation of what it is, exactly

I've seen hose timers and light timers. What kind of timer allows you to set up multiple times per day for seconds at a time to turn on and off a pump?

What kind of timers are you folks using?
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
      Automatic top feed into coco.
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks Insight. I don't think that one does seconds, according to info there. Or at least what some reviews say

do you have experience with this one?

• Insight
        Insight commented
        Editing a comment
        Cronk. I use them and they are settable to 1 second ON or OFF.
        Scroll all the way down the description page and you'll see........
        "With LCD display. 12/24 hour mode selectable. Can be down to second. Max 8 daily or weekly ON/OFF programs"

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        right. thanks again

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X