Grow Tents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Tents?

I'm looking at grow tents and there are way too many brands.lol Space is an issue at my house so looking at 32"x32"x60" or so. I can't afford Gorilla but they look very nice.
    What do you have that you are happy with and is fairly inexpensive??
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

I have two of these and am very happy with them. The zippers block the light and when I was searching for tents, they were much higher reviewed than the Apollo version of the same tent. Plenty of flaps and ports for everything you need.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-...ectra+36x36x72

I could only fit a 3x3 and after I got the first one going, I managed to fit a second. A 4x4 would be awesome, but in my case, two 3x3's is enough to keep me working more than I expected to.

Comment

I have been happy with my Apollo tent. It does what it is supposed to do.

Comment

I have this Apollo 48" x 48" x 80" inch tent from Amazon. Granted, it's my first and only tent I've ever used but I am very happy with it.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, this is my tent too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PX...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I've got 2 of these. No problems besides how they set up the 6" vents (running 2 connected to the same ventilation system) isn't the best. But it works and I've had one for well over a year.

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow those are cheap

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          They do what they are supposed to do. I love mine, except theres only one location for the big vents. Instead of plumbing both together I ran 2 four inch ducts from the top to a splitter and 6" reducer to the fan and into the filter. Also my 750 cfm fan sucks a vacuum so strong on the tents, it reduces the the size of the tent where the lady's sit to about 28"x28". So I can say they are pretty durable. I'll probably pick up 2 more as soon as I can find the cash for another fan filter combo.

Thank you all for your help. So it looks like I'm going to order the, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
        and also the, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5KIS5MZE&psc=1.
        Do you think this light is a good fit for this size tent??
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning UncleDoug, I got a tent that same size, unless you keep your plants tied down ,real low, you might wish you would have got a taller tent, I know I wish mine was a foot taller, an extra foot, in a tent is a big help.
          Damn, near every plant I've grown in my tent, has had me wondering, if I got enough height, an that's with the light at the top of the tent. The plant I'm growing now I had to take out of the tent. But I didn't train her either. GoodLuck

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the light that I have (Have 2 in a 4x4). I love the light, cannot recommend it highly enough.
          Agree with D.A.A.S.69 you will wish you got a taller tent.

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          I run 2 600w in the same size tent, I may be over doing it, but no adverse effects. I would point you to the bloomspect 600w. At 18" it has around 1200 ppfd. The ppfd and footprint is what you want to look at.
          You'll be able to grow decent buds with the 450, but for $20 more why not step up to a higher ppfd and footprint?

Morning DAAS, The reason I'm thinking of 60" tent is space, I live in a house built in 1860 and the upstairs ceiling is slanted. The middle of the room is 8' and the two side are 5'. I would like a taller tent, closer to 6' or 7'. I'll get my tape measure out again and see if I move out a bit from the wall what size would fit and not be in the middle of the room. Do you have any input on the 450w light I,m looking at? Too strong, to weak, just right?
        Thanks for your help.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Boco2017
          Boco2017 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would look on Amazon for a 315 LEC or CMH I got mine for under $200 and that would be plenty of light.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey UncleDoug, yeah, those are good lights, pretty strong, you just got to make sure you got them high enough, they can do some bad damage if you have them to close to your plants. I use a 315cmh, but it might get too hot for your space. That sounds like a cool old home. You got

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          It is an appropriate size light for a 32x32. Going with LED will prevent a lot of heat related issues and again, I love the Viparspectra 450... Check out the plants I am growing under them.

I ordered the viparspectra 450 and a 36"x36"x72" grow tent.

Thank you all for your reply's.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Now you can breathe, better, that extra foot in height, you are gonna love.

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, glad you brought that up, thank you. The light will be here Monday, the tent Tuesday, just like a kid at Christmas, Thinking I'll use the DIY cabinet for veg and tent for flower, just gonna have to figure out when to start vegging while the girls are flowering,

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great, I know your ready to start growing that bud.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X