My first coir grow UPDATE, AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first coir grow UPDATE, AGAIN

These photos were taken today. I have been watering everyday now. Around 5.8 in and 6.5 out. Small amount of nutes every water along with 3 to 5 ml Calmag every water. Water to run off always. Here is plant one and it's problem magnified and not magnified.

This is the same plant from a wider angle.

Comment

Here is plant number two magnified, and wider angle from both sides.

Comment

Plant number two might be a mag deficiency except it doesn't meet all the criteria in the problems section. Plant number one...not a clue.

Should I flush when I am not sure what the problems are?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          If they were mine ,I know I wouldn't flush, I would just feed at a lower, like 5.5-6.0 ph in, for a few days. But that's just me, I'm sure everyone does things differently.

I can do that, but do you have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? I would sure like to be able to diagnose my own problems without having to run to the forum every time something bad happens! Or better yet, avoid the mistakes altogether.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I have spent hours reading the various info on sick plants, symptoms, how to, etc. I haven't found anything on what the first plant might be...strange loss of coloration only on the stem of the leaf.

I am guessing mag on the second plant because the magnified leaf looks sort of like this one from the main site.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          All i can see that might possibly be wrong ,was your ph got a little out of whack, or either you arent using enough cal-mag.
          You been doing a good job ,your staying on top of things, that's about all you can do, that an steady watching your plants.

Well, that picture didn't work, but it is under magnesium deficiency on the main site. Here are the leaves from my plant again.

Comment

The first thing that jumps out at me is 5.8 ph going in and 6.5 ph coming out, something is going on in the coco probally ph related. I agree with DAAS try lowering your ph going in to try and get the ph coming out closer to 6.0 ,first before flushing, and aim for 5ml of calmag for each watering /feeding. Hopefully it clears up. Good Luck

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X