Light questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light questions

Can I buy a 6500k bulb locally at Lowe's or home Depot? I went to Lowe's and bought a 6500k cfl, but it is a mogul base and I can't find an adapter from mogul to medium. Are there other options that are available without having to buy a complete setup quite yet? Just looking for a single bulb at the moment for when I bring her in from outside. Only a single auto that is 3 weeks old.

I didn't find them locally, so got them on Amazon. Not saying they are unavailable, but seem to be hard to find in person.

Comment

Yes, they are getting harder and harder to find. Dollar stores sometimes have them. You can also use the same spectrum LED lights just the same.

Comment

Four bulbs for around 10 bucks. However they are temporarily out of stock. I am sure Bezos will restock them soon.https://www.amazon.com/Philips-43355..._&dpSrc=detail If you have Prime free shipping.

Comment

America's Largest Online Light Bulb Retailer! Find thousands of LEDs, light bulbs, Christmas lights, and commercial light fixtures at unbeatable prices!

they sell CFL bulbs
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            I've shopped that site before. If the price does not get you the shipping charge most certainly will. Never bought from them.

I got a 4 pack at Home Depot. They are 6500k 60w cfl bulbs. The 4 pack was $10. Bought a reflector and have it on her. How long do I keep her lit up?

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            All the time. Autos do well under 24 hour light.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe autos prefer 18/6 but I could be wrong. I read somewhere here that they should be on 18/6 light schedule. It helps to research your strain to know what it really demands.

I don't think it likes the light? Blackberry auto from fastseeds.. I got those bulbs and reflector yesterday, daylight starts to dissipate around 6:30pm here, brought it inside and put it under the cfl light about 12 inches above the plant. Plant in only about 3 inches tall. By 10:30 pm it was all droopy and leaves looked curled down. I turned off the light and looked at it again around 1am and the leaves had somewhat come back to fairly normal? It seems to like this cheap single bulb red/blue 40w led light that is the size of a spotlight bulb... Plant is about 2 1\2 to 3 weeks old.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I imagine the droop had more to do with the transition from sun to CFL rather than being an indication that they don't like CFL. Some strains really droop when the light goes down. If you got the correct CFLs the plants will like them.

• Pyro1711
            Pyro1711 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a 60w 6500k bulb...only have a single light going....

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, so I would diagnose the droop as a result of moving from the Sun to the 60w light (Big difference to a plant). A lot of strains droop and perk-up in response to light intensity. That kind of droop is normal and not a problem.

Thank you Campesino I made a reflective "tent" around it to hopefully intensify the light. Another redneck fix...lol

Comment

• Pyro1711
            Pyro1711 commented
            Editing a comment
            So an auto flower need to be on a different light schedule? I was under the impression that autos did their own thing....

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, yes didn't remember that you were growing Autos... They should be fine

• Pyro1711
            Pyro1711 commented
            Editing a comment
            Whewww...had me worried I had miss read about autos...😂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X