Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she ready for harvest?

Hi all! <3
    I'm about one week from this strain's "advised" harvest time (9-11 weeks). strain is 707 headband.

I tried looking at the trichomes with a microscope but my vision isnt very good so it's really hard for me to tell (or take pictures through the microscope).

To me she seems like she's ready a bit early? is that possible?

Also, I flushed today.

Does she look ready? Thanks
    Attached Files

It actually does look like it’s ready congrats

Comment

Hey shireen, hard to see the trichomes up close. Buds look superb. Odor must be nice.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Sure is pretty, just can't see trichs.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Impossible to tell without macro shots showing clear, milky or amber trichomes. Nice looking flowers, congratulations.

Comment

Thanks a lot! Canuck147, smells amazing

I'm uploading some pics i just took through the microscope, but I can't really tell if they are clear or milky. there definitely are SOME amber trichomes. but just a little bit.

Comment

• Deadhead91
              Deadhead91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Some look partially cloudy and some look all cloudy I would wait a week or 2 and this is always a good reference page to check against
              ​​​​​​​http://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest

Great effort getting those pics. Still hard to tell. Sorry, we're used to seeing little mushroom like thingies sticking up with cloudy to white heads or turning amber in color.
            Looks like you mashed em down with the microscope, so it's hard to tell.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Jason
              Jason commented
              Editing a comment
              Second that. Looks like there might be some amber specks in there.
              20% amber and they're ready for me. I don't like to consume and fall out asleep. Too much amber and the narcotic effect is too much for fun.
              For a sleep aide, it could work well.

If you see almost all white with some amber mixed in (max 20% for me), cut away. Also no need to cut all flowers at once. They often ripen top to bottom (pr based on light exposure). I inspect with 25X then cut according to what I see. Some girls come down over days, some take a week or more.

You are definetly in your harvest window. We usually say around here whenever you think it’s ready wait another week. So thats what I would do

Comment

It's lights out for them now, but i'll trey getting better pics up tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I'd agree with 9 fingerleafs_I think they're just about there so wait a week. I usually try to harvest when I have about 10-20% amber trichomes. But I can't really tell where yours are at. For the most part they look like they are cloudy but not much if any amber. They do look nice and dense and color is good with nice percentage of red hairs. One thing I've noticed is that I always have some clear trichomes because they keep developing but at harvest there is <10% clear, about 70% cloudy and 10-20% amber.The cola's at the top always seem to be more developed so you should get a little variety if you harvest the plant all at once. Also if my pistils are 90% red I often harvest them anyway. Some strains don't get very many amber trichomes even when they have peaked. Enjoy!
                Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I don't if this will help but here are a few pics from just before my last harvest.
                  liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

oh yeah_ and you should be looking at the trichomes under a very neutral light source_ like mid morning to mid afternoon when the sun is more than 45 degrees above the horizon. Indoor lighting is often to warm and will make your trichomes look more yellow/amber than they really are.Unless you use a light source like a flash or a bulb/Led with a color temp of 5000-6000 K.

Comment

Looking good, but if you harvest early, you will be mad at yourself,plus it will be much better if you wait untill you see about 20percent amber,
                      Nice job on your grow shireen.
                      Cfls for a week or two
                      315lec for everything else
                      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                      36x36x63 inch tent.
                      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                      Smart pots
                      Molasses
                      Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X