Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Grow - Buds look like they may have seeds (can someone confirm please)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow - Buds look like they may have seeds (can someone confirm please)?

I have 2 weeks left in my first grow and for some reason these buds look like they may have seed pods. Am I nuts?
    Here is the imgr link for good close ups. https://imgur.com/a/l6UzH

Well........ anyone going to say whats wrong?

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      MoonDog Absolutely agree... will need more than 2 more weeks...
      Buds are still small and need time to develop. Be sure to wait to harvest until the plants are ready - not just based on what "they" say. "they" are probably counting flowering time differently than you are (from first Pistils rather than from the flip to 12/12) and "they" probably have a truly ideal growing environment.
      Guessing based on pictures maybe 4-5 more weeks.

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      What Campesino said but I would like to add just from all the straight white hairs I no your harvest is not around the corner but look at it from a positive those nuggs will probly double by the time they are rdy

• MoonDog
      MoonDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info everyone!

Wait for other opinions, but I don't see anything to be worried about. Is there a reason to suspect that they were pollinated or are you just concerned about the appearance of the buds?

Comment

• MoonDog
      MoonDog commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a scare about 2-3 weeks into flowering I found a hermi and had to yank it. I was afraid maybe some pollen got distributed when I pulled it out. I have other plants that look fine.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, if it did get some pollen, at least you got rid of the source. Not much to do beyond that.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. Just a foxtail lady at least a month away from hasvest

I can not tell if u have seeds from pictures but if u had a hermie u probly have a few seeds at least but dnt let it stress u cuz u will still end up with awesome buds and ive noticed when breeding seeds it adds a few more weeks to the flowering time I think the plant focus on the seeds first then goes back to finishing up the flowers

Comment

• MoonDog
      MoonDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know that. It wasnt my intention to breed seeds. I got 10 Blue dream seeds and 1 ended up being a hermi. They were all supposed to be fem. Also do you see something that makes you say im not 2 weeks away from harvest? Oh and I didnt not order autoflowers. So I think these are photo.

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your hermie have both sex parts or did it sprout bananas? The answer to ur question is up above from me and campesino on dontknownothings post. But just right off the back I no ur not tht close to harvest from all the straight white hairs you can not go by what breeders say u always have to assume it will take 2 or 3 weeks longer than the breeders say and if u get seed for any reason expect to add 2 more weeks to tht

• MoonDog
      MoonDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome thanks for all your expertise and help.

oops! thare be a male in the mix. found some seeds in the buds and want to grow them, no, yes let me know

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the seeds are from the hermie plant, you will get mostly female seeds ,I've found.
      But they are also likely to hermie as well.
      Good Luck with them.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X