Did I FIM enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I FIM enough?

My first Fim worked well, maybe got lucky. I not sure if I took enough this time. I see the side leaves I cut are growing again but so is everything else.

Morning Flycatcher, looks good to me, but I can't see very well, You will know in a day or two. GoodLuck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Flycatcher
      Flycatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi and thanks, These are my 2 best plants to date Struggled a bit as a first-timer. I shall take more pics and get a white background. The amount of foliage around the top is impressive, I can't really see whats what.Growing outside is great if you can.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning flycatcher, for the first time ,your doing good.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what it’s supposed to 👀 like, 👍 Good job!

I've FIM'd some of the plants in my first two grows. Which would be about six to eight plants with very good results.I think you should look at other close up pictures and compare. My guess is, you need to take out more. More pictures, particularly a straight down shot could help.
    I use a rounded and resharpened #11 Exacto blade and sort of scoop out the center of that top flower. If you leave hormone producing stuff in the center, you didn't cut enough. Mess up the outside "cup" and you cut too much.
    Its not called FIM for no reason. I do my cutting with a 10X Opti-Visor. I have 2X, 5X, 10X and another rig for 25X. I like the 10X for this procedure, then I look again with the 25X.
    If done correctly you should see results in a few days to a week, ie changes to the other flowers. Everybody sort of gets equalized or catches up to that center flower.
    Good luck, its a skill well worth acquiring.

As an aside, I did not top or FIM my last two plants. Blue Glue clones. The flowers looked to be developing pretty equally, so I left those two plants alone. And they developed very much as IF I had topped or FIM'd. Never seen that before.

Edit- I just looked at Google>Images> FIM Plant. Check out the images there and compare.
    Last edited by Jason; 02-10-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Flycatcher
      Flycatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jason. I see you take it seriously and thanks for explaining that. I have a mag and some curved scissors (wife's box) I'll re-do the pics. I have explored the net but I'm enjoying chatting and some confirmation really helps. The growth at the top has taken off, the leaves I cut are still growing.

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      My understanding of FIM is that it adversely affects growth much less than topping. I've done both, and I prefer FIM as the plant seems to only notice in positive way.
      FIM can also be a matter of degree, not just black/white. If you leave any hormone producing bits in you're in the gray, ie not 100% effective.
      The reason I like the blade I use, is the I come at the flower from 3-4 places (12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 9 o'clock), outside edge, down into the center. Go around and repeat. That's the best way I've discovered for good removal and minimal damage to that outside cup. Scooping outside edge, into the center, then up to the opposite outside edge can be asking for problems. The risk is damaging the outside cup. You want to maintain that.
      Good luck!

Looks to be a success to me. F#*K you didn't miss!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X