Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat

For background, I’m a hobby grower who does one plant at a time and she gets very pampered. I do DWC in a 4 x 4 x 80 tent currently under a single 600w HPS bulb. I’m in my 13th week/5th week of flower. I run a humidifier with a controller that keeps it right around 40%. I have a fresh air intake at the bottom of my tent and a high-volume carbon filter exhaust fan. I also have a 6” fan that blows up through the plant anytime the temp reaches 80 degrees. The light is 18” above my top cola.

I have a slight, isolated case of leaf curl which I think is heat stress. I’m finding that controlling heat is my biggest challenge. I’m trying to get the most out of my light. That being said, what is the opinion of the group on light distance from my top bud and maximum temperature my top bud can tolerate? I have an infrared thermometer that is reading 80 degrees at the top of my plant.

I’m interested to hear a discussion on this and what experiences you have had.

Grow well. Be well.

Bp, You don't want too much heat in flower so stress the plant. I didn't realize on my last grow that it got too hot--which I think caused one plant to hermie. Nebula says 80 degrees is max during flower.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Raise up the light a couple inches 2 or 3” at most, till u find out what’s stressing them out I’ve found a good nute feeding with ph in proper range after a flush does the trick my 2$

Comment

You could try a make shift ac coolers or a portable a.c. unit?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X