Potted 3 autoflower seeds in perlite and lightmix soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potted 3 autoflower seeds in perlite and lightmix soil

Germination - Potted 3 Autoflower seeds in 20L pots using perlite and lightmix soil. I wet the soil through and allowed it to stand over night before dampening a little more in the morning. I've made a small 1cm hole in the centre, popped my seed in and brushed a little soil over. I decided it may be a good idea to cover the pots with cling film and stand in a warm room? Ive every few hours returned and gently dripped a little more water around the pot to keep damp. how does this sound guys? Should I be ok germinating like this? praying I get some little seedlings!

Hey Afroman1, number one cause of death is overwatering , they do not need much water at all germinating, just don't let it go completely dry, a quarter cup ought to be good for 2-4 days.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for that advice! You read so many do's and don'ts online you never know what to go with.. If only they popped straight away so you knew you were good!

Comment

Ain't that the truth, yeah just keep em moist not soaking wet. Put you a light on them so they will be warm.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

No sign of anything yet so gently found the seed in the soul thismorning. Root definitely out of tag 3 seeds so recovered with the smallest amount of soil and put the pots in the conservatory (good sunlight &warm). Hopefully get some seedlings popping through soon!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning Afroman1, yeah, hopefully they will be up soon, try not to disturb them, an just slightly moist, not wet. GoodLuck

Bought a spray bottle this morning insdead of using a hug to moisten the soil.. hopefully his helps!

Comment

2 out of 3 now nicely above the soil. Can see the 3rd, she's germinated but behind the other 2 and still hanging onto the seed shell. Not sure if she'll survive but giving her every chance! Still got them in the conservatory so they have plenty of sunlight/warmth during the day and I have an oil heater on in there during the night. Does that sound ok? Was planning to just leave them in there until they were stronger and maybe around 4/5" before moving them into the grow space and putting the LED light above them.. ? Thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your welcome, congratulations, new life, yeah, just keep them under the light an slightly moist an in about 70-90days you will have some nice smoke. GoodLuck Afroman1

2 sprouts that look to be doing ok. 3rd one looks gone. One of these little guys is hanging on to her shell.. should I gently knock it off? Thinking of getting them straight under the 300w LED tomorrow at 24"..

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning, yes ,mist a little water on seed hull ,and then very gently use a q-tip or needle to remove it.
              Has the one that's not up, got a chance, or has it had it.

Hi D.A.A.S.69 think the 3rd has had it. I'll try and get a picture on here so you can see. Gunna put those two under the 300w from today as cold weather forecast and not much sun light. Hopefully it speeds them up a touch too. Thanks again for all the advice!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning Afroman1, 2 out of 3 ain't to bad.
              Yeah I got a 300watt led, and I try to keep it 22-26inches for the first week or so, before I lower it, and if your autos seem like they are growing slow for a few days , that's pretty normal, but it want take long for their roots to get going down an the seedlings up.
              GoodLuck Afroman 1, I think your gonna do a good job.

• Afroman1
              Afroman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers dude, They are happy under the 300w LED right now! One last thing I need to get my head around is nutrients. Obviously they are on plain water for the first couple of weeks then I need to be getting some feed into them. I know autoflowers usually need half the recommended amount compared to regular strains. Can you recommend a brand or a general Nutrient schedule for DP Auto Mazar?

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Afroman 1, the nutrients companies have all got good stuff, just pick one,
              I use Advanced Nutrients, but any of them will work, just as good.
              But yes ,they can't use much nutrients, when they are young, so you will want to start at quarter strength, an work up. GoodLuck

2 seedlings around 2" tall now. Slower growth than I thought? Under the 300w LED, 20hrs on 4 hrs off. Light 23" above the seedlings.. Plain water still look healthy but slow growth.. fingers crossed

Comment

• Afroman1
              Afroman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just checked out the Red Poison.. Sound's awesome. Heard a lot about Northern Lights and nearly went with it before going with the Mazar!

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey man, those Mazars, like yours are killer smoke.

• Afroman1
              Afroman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope so dude! Just ordered 3 of the Red Poison auto's anyway and got a free seed as a promotion! Can't wait!

Day 7, slowish growth? Or about normal? 300w Led 23" from top of the seedlings. Temp stable between 25-30 degrees in the grow space. Lights on 20/4. No Nutes yet will probably go Dutch pro auto flower grow/bloom nutes. Spraying with water once daily around the seedling.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good Afroman1, remember when I said they would be slow for a little while, well this is what I was talking about, she is going to be fine, an Will soon start growing up. I hope you like the RedPoison lol. I know I do.

Yea hopefully start to see some nice growth over the next week! Ended up getting 4 red poison seeds as I couldn't just get one so had to buy 3 and ended up getting one free! Lots to learn with it being first grow but really enjoying it. Picking things up pretty quickly I hope!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes indeed, your doing a great job, most folks overwater an slow them down.
              But this is a fun hobbie, it's a good idea to document every move you make with your plants,, for future reference.

Have you ever used the Dutch pro nutes? They look reasonably priced and sound an ok option..

Comment

Day 13 fro the Auto's seem healthy. Starting to grow now. No problems until this AM, strage algae on top of the pots. presume humidity to high, not enough air flow.. thoughts?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Morning Afroman1, that algae, is probably from the soil, it's staying to moist.Even plants your age need very, very little water,
                To much water will mess, them up.Let the soil dry out, a little bit, then on your next water, pour about half a cup in a circle right around the plant. No need to get the whole pot wet ,yet. She is growing now,that's good.

Day 19. Both auto Mazars 5'' tall and quite bushy/leafy. Thought they may be an inch or two taller so moved the light a little higher to try and encourage them to stretch? Thoughts on this guys? Light a good 24'' away from the top of the plants. Look healthy. Small watering every other day with 1/4 strength ionic grow nutes. Handling it fine and alge reduced. Thoughts guys?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X