Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OG KUSH AUTO, Let it begin!

Hello Growers!

So Yesterday I've started my new grow - OG KUSH AUTO.
    It would be pleasure for me to use this post as grow journal, so I will try to add all the information and photos I have.
    It is my first time growing AUTO, So I would be glad to hear your opinions and tips about growing those amazing auto flowers.

Strain: OG KUSH AUTO, Lifecycle: 10-11 weeks, Flowering: 8-9 weeks
    Growing medium: Soil
    Grow light: Viperspectra 450W + CFL, 12/12 light scedule
    Pot Size: 5L/1.32Gal
    Water: Distilled with 6.5-7.0 Neutral PH
    Nutrients: General Hydroponics - Flora trio

I used peat pallets for Germination, which is really great way (tried first time).
    2 days later after I put seed in wet pallet, I saw little "head" poped out. Checked next day and seedling was grown about 7-8 cm (2.7 inch) from peat pallet, with first set of true leaves.
    I think that, cause of poor lightning (peat pallet was just on table in bedroom without any strong light source) seedling was trying to catch some light so this caused stretching, but that's not a problem.
    I moved peat pallet to the final container and buried seedling deeply, about 10-11 cm (4.3 inch).
    Applied a bit more water, cause water need to reach peat pallet also which I buried deeply.

What do you think about my watering case, maybe it not necessary to add a bit more water so that it can reach deeper stems? I dont want to cause overwatering.

So from Yesterday it is her first day of lifestyle.

Week 01/DAY 01

The soil looks wet enough, put your lights on 18/6 - 24/0. Good luck. I am currently growing autos for the first time as well (girl Scout cookies) they mature quickly and mak sure you don’t stress them is paramount!
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

Thanks BlueBudz

Unfortunately I cant put on 18/6 or 24/0, cause other strains are already growing in box and they are already in flowering.

Comment

Aww ya that’s a shame. They are photos u have in flower I assume? I’m also in a similar situation. I’m using a vipar 450 and a couple smaller leds as well but I think flowering these on 12/12 with a 450is going to seriously compromise yields. But that’s just what I think I don’t really know. I’m will be following this grow to see how it goes.
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

• BlueBudz
          BlueBudz commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you could pull the autos out of the box at lights out and put them on a window sil or something until the photos are done then up the light? Just a thought

Well A agree that 12/12 is not the same amount of light like 24/0, but I've seen a lot of people growing autos on 12/12 still getting good result.
        Anyway I had some place in my box so this little OG was the best option.
        Im really excited to that your have started to follow my grow

Comment

I have one on 12/12 as well buts that’s under an600w hps and the other is under the vipar450 and smaller leds on 18/6. I just didn’t think it would be even enough @18/6. And I’m excited to see your grow! I’m stressing about space and lighting so this will be a good learning experience👍
          Setup
          4’x4’x6.6’
          600W MH

Comment

I did a run with photos and autos in the same room under 12/12 until the photos where done. Then I finished the autos under 24/0, which were already flowering . I don't think it had much effect on harvest . The picture in my avatar was a cola off one of the autos. Good luck.
            Cheers
            "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey kid what light setup were you using?

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              I use kind led. They are the light bars. 3 bars for a total of 106w from the wall. Im getting close to 1.5-2g per watt.

• Zaxar
              Zaxar commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the same situation. my photos left 3-4 week until harvest, After that Im going to switch 18/6 or 24/0.
              I heard somewhere that it is not good for plant to change light schedule, even on autos. Happy to hear that you did it successfully.

Zaxar, In my opinion you are heading to a over/under watering problem. That little girl only needs about 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup each feeding for now.
            my general "rule of thumb" is the roots size is equal to the leaf size, for instance if the leaf reach the edge of the pot then the roots most likely do too. So there is no need to water the whole pot at this point as you're just Watering empty soil, waiting for it to dry out and the center where it's needed is starving. as your Leaf expands your watering zone should to.
            hope this helps.
            Mr.F
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Totally agree with you Mr.furley

But the situation in my case is different. As I said the peat pallet is buried deeply, the only reason I add a bit water is that I want it to reach the pallet, Im not watering the whole pot. Only around the seedling, but such amount that water can go deeply.

Maybe Im wrong but I think that deeper roots also need water.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with MrFurley, not sayin you are overwatering, just that seedlings don't need much water at all, best to keep the roots searching for moisture, than sitting in it constantly. Makes for stronger ,healthy plants. Good luck, I remember you from a year or so ago , hope you have been doing well.

• Zaxar
                Zaxar commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks D.A.A.S.69

And I remember you helping me a lot of times!

Week 01/ DAY 02

The seedling opened true leaves completely, however I noticed strange damaged part. Have no idea what could be a reason.

Comment

Upadte: Week 01/Day 07

Plant grows normally, The only strange thing I noticed is some kind of curled lower leaves.

Comment

• BlueBudz
                  BlueBudz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This plant is built for speed! It’s aerodynamic!😂

​​​​​​ she must reach great heights in life

Comment

Week02/Day08

Process speeded up, and every day she grows faster. I think she feels comfortable.

Comment

Week02/Day14

Getting pretty and beautifull

Comment

Alright!! Now that they've set their roots, it's time for some vertical lift.
                      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                      Mars Hydro
                      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Zaxar
                        Zaxar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agree, Im planning to start grow and micro nutes from the next week.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X