Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushroom Growing in my Coco!

Hi all!

So last night i found a mushroom growing in my coco.

Humidity 60% (hovers around)
    Temp 27- 28 degrees lights on

I don't think this is good, it may mean I have a fungus problem. This is a new grow with all utensils cleaned.
    I also have a problem with fungus gnats, but impelling with that.

Any advice?

Might have to scrap it and sanitize everything and are you in a tent?

Comment

Yeah, im in a tent. They are into the 6th week of flower now, so only two left to go. I wonder if I sanitised everything, and used auto pots, if this would happen again.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think they will hurt a thing, pull em out.

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just be careful of spores is all, didn't realize you were were into flowering stage, just make sure you do a good sanitize after harvest and drop the humidity for sure.

I’d just remove the mushroom, I’m sure plenty of mushrooms have grow next to pot plants outdoors. Being how far into flower you are I’d certainly be looking at ways to get your rh down 60% at week 6 seems pretty high.
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

I agree with D.A.A.S.69 and Locrian99
        First, I assume you already got rid of the shroom. Be alert for additional volunteers. But I don't think it is a result of a fungus problem or requires more extreme measures. We are creating close to the ideal environment for mushrooms to thrive. If a spore lands there it wouldn't be surprising for it to grow. I imagine a spore was introduced or pulled in through intake and that this is not indiciative of a pre-existing fungus problem.

Comment

Thanks guys for your help and advice. I will remove the mushroom, try and lower RH, and sanitize well after harvest. Cheers!

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like psilocybin mushroom. Which we call "Magic Mushroom" up here in the Pacific Northwest cuz this is where they grow in abundance. I see them quite often on my walks in the fall. Did them lots when I was a teenager.

Don’t you worry mushrooms are harmless to your environment. A lot of fungi activity down in the roots. It’s a good sign that your pot is full of live

Comment

It ain't no psilocybin mushroom, they are in every cow pasture around where I live, down South, in the summertime, that feeds their animals all grain.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. It’s a common grass shroom

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X