Bananas forming day 33 flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bananas forming day 33 flowering

Please help I'm on day 33 of flowering the seeds came from very high quality GSC bag seed. I've noticed some bananas popping out I have another strain that I don't want to be affecred. Fox farms soil blend.

Hello Smokesteve, in my book there are three types of bananas
    1) genetics. the plant just carries male, hermaphrodite and female genetics.
    2) environmental stress related
    3) last ditch effort by a female to pollinate.
    this can cause some controversy and is only my opinion but here I go.
    the first one will pollinate, it will give you male, hermaphrodite and/or female genetics in the seeds just like the plant they come from.
    the second one is more likely to give you female seeds only as the process of making fem seeds is caused by stressing a female plant.
    the third one is usually a sterile attempt.
    you can spray them with water and remove the bananas to lessen the effect of pollination but there is also bananas you won't see inside your buds and by the time you see them usually the damage can been done, if their pollinators. So if you're absolutely in need of keeping the other strain seed free there's only one option but there is no guarantees that it hasn't already pollinate or isn't a pollinator at all. Before you go killing your plant let me ask you do you ever smoke weed that had seeds in it? Besides in my opinion I save those seeds then grow them without problems on the next generation, seeds are expensive.
    hope this helps
    Mr.furley
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Howdy Smokesteve, I don't mind 'nanners' on my plants. first of all, once they are found, they have all ready spread any pollen that they might have. Secondly, from My experience, they have not caused a great amount of seeds (last grow has only produced 33 seeds out of 5 ounces of bud). And thirdly,(is that a word?) they have only produced female seeds! Just my two cents worth.
      Good luck with Your growing.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I found a lot of male flowers so I killed the plants today it sucks but I felt like it was the only option.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X