perlite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perlite

I did not use anything in my Black Gold Organic soil last year and need to add perlite to my soil this year but unsure of how much to use for each 10 gallon pot. Can anyone tell me how much to add to the soil and do I just mix it right in with the soil or just how do I use it? My plants seemed stunted last year as the soil packed down. The roots were very small.

You can mix it right in with the soil. Depending how much drainage you need you could go 50/50. You may have to water more often as perlite doesn't retain water.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You

If your soil was too packed down then perlite is just the thing you need. It really helps with drainage (and getting oxygen to the roots). I suggest 25% perlite. That would be 2.5 gallons--10 quarts--in a a 10 gallon pot (i.e. with 7.5 gallons of soil), but a standard 8 quart bag should work fine.

By the way, perlite is processed volcanic glass and is dusty when dry. Since breathing glass dust in not good for your lungs, I suggest pouring water in the bag before handling.

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You

Measure it in liters. One 2 cubic feet soil bag has 50-60 liters. So maybe start low like 25% perlite that would be like 20 liters for the whole bag. Then you evaluate if you need more
    if you are from the US 1 liter = 1 quart. So any yogurt or ice cream container works as a measuring cup

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
    Measure it in liters. One 2 cubic feet soil bag has 50-60 liters. So maybe start low like 25% perlite that would be like 20 liters for the whole bag. Then you evaluate if you need more
    if you are from the US 1 liter = 1 quart. So any yogurt or ice cream container works as a measuring cup
    The OP is measuring in gallons, but you say to measure in liters, but then you go to cubic feet, and then you go to quarts, and then to their equivalent in liters... A stoner could get confused.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      A good grower has to knows its units doc. The soil comes in cubic feets. The pots in gallons. Americans in quarts and the whole world in liters. A lot of shit gets confusing but who wants lo learn will do

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your right 9fingers, anyone wanting to learn can surely do so.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X