2 plants per 3gal pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 plants per 3gal pot?

I have very limited space in a 36"x36" tent and I'm trying to use every square inch of it. 9 of my pots fit perfectly and fills the tent exactly. My next flower run will be with 16 W.O.S Kilimanjaro 100% sativa landrace veged for 6 weeks with a 2 week root period. Has anyone had experience running multiple plants per pot? It's either 16, 1 gal pots and waste a bunch of room for the roots or 9, 3 gal pots and use every inch of space for the roots? I'm not sure how #2 pots will fit and if im only going to use them for one cycle, I doubt it would be worth buying the #2 pots. I didn't plan an expansion and didn't really get to plan too much for it. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? I'm using coco so the roots SHOULD have enough room sharing the pots, maybe.

Interesting subject Waltermelon, I would like to join the conversation even though I have no first-hand experience about two cannabis plants in one pot. Can I ask first what is the reason you need to double your plans unexpectedly and grow twice as much as your set up for? Did someone give you clones?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Daas, glad to be back.

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      In on that hijacking...Good to see you Mr.furley.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Always a pleasure to have your company Tika.

As I understand it, you will only get a yield matching your space and light. My 4 plants in 5 gallon pots covering nearly 100% available canopy space will yield the same as 9 plants in 2 gallon pots in the same space. The 9 plants will most likely yield less than my 4.

I guess my 4 plants would (provided I knew what I was doing) yield more because they would be have less competition for the available space and light, allowing the 4 plants to thrive more than 9 plants in competition for space and light would.

In theory, anyway. no?

complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

One will dominate the other will suffer from past experience this is how it goes. Lol

Comment

For a 3ftx3ft i recommend only doing 2 or 3 plants at a time and get 3 to 5 gallon pot for each plant your space is too small for that many plants, look into lst or scrog and possibly super cropping to get the most out of all the seeds you have and look into seed storage.

Comment

IMHO...You have small pot, I would do one plant. Maybe 2 for a 5 gal and even then- at least for indoor...One good mature plant out does a bunch of little ones.
          😊
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

You can grow 2-4 really big plants in that area or a crapload of smaller plants. Its a trade off and generally your only going to get so much out of a given area with a certain amount of light. Stufffing more plants in an area doesnt guarantee more yield unless your doing a SOG and know what your doing and even then its not a hugh increase. Also you said Sativa so they need more room to grow out. An Indica might have been a better choice for a limited area with multiple plants. Save your seeds and just grow a few beauties in 5 gallon pots at a time.

Comment

• Waltermelon
              Waltermelon commented
              Editing a comment
              I've got a pretty good grasp on growing, not a master by any means, but far from a beginner. I've got much more light than what's needed in my tent with 600 actual watts of LEDs and a light density of about 1400 u/moles per meter. I can also lower the lights down a bit if I need more penetration of the canopy and intensity.
              Im also just now running all of my strains and pheno hunting to see which ones I want to run together.
              The Kilimanjaro I'm running is really a great plant to run in this style of grow with a short veg time. With a 6 week veg I'm pulling about 4oz with the 3 gal pots. The indicas I have aren't really heavy yielders with about 1.5 oz in the same parameters. I'm hunting with some of my own breeding project and a few thc bomb plants. Like i said, I'm just getting g this off the ground and running what I have to get it going.

The reason for the expansion was that I was involved in an auto accident and had to hang up my career as a mechanic. I decided I needed to do something with my life.
            Lst and scrog is going to take too much time for me to set up. I've always done a perpetual grow with 3 plants coming to harvest per month. I've always used the sog style because lst and scrog is just not conducive to my schedule. It's what I know and what I'm comfortable with at this point. I only have 2 tents for flower and a closet for veg.
            I've been doing this for about 7 years and I'm going for short veg time and more cycles a year to attempt to keep up with the demand of my patients so they don't have to use garbage club meds.
            I'm going for a good full canopy with a bunch of terminal buds, with a small amount of side branching.
            Basically it's just a time crunch. I am about a month out from moving the next batch of lady's into the first flower tent.
            Last edited by Waltermelon; 02-05-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Waltermelon, you sound stressed. There is nothing wrong with your plan. SOG is legit and you sound experienced enough to do it well. I think 9 plants in that area in 3 gallon pots could be a hugh yield. Should easily be able to get 1/2 pound to a pound depending on your skill and success. ( barring unfortunate incidents which happens to everyone)

• Waltermelon
              Waltermelon commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm shooting for at least 1lb+ a month running 1 tent for the first month of flower and the other for the second month. I'm using my 4oz per plant formula that's been pretty consistent with the strain and footprint I'm working with. I may start a journal when the time comes.

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cant wait to see your results. You got this !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X