Bananas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bananas

I have a female 4 1/2 weeks into flower, freakin beautiful. All of a sudden lime green bananas 😩 2 plants in same tent , only 1 with bananas. They weren’t everywhere so I cut the branches off or the flowers that I saw with them on it. Did I just commit suicide? It’s a pure power plant female from seed. They say she has a 50-60 day flowering time and I am only at 38 days if you count the transition week. Any help would be grateful.

Littletrout, you're going to be just fine keep an eye out for them spray them with a little water and cut them out of your buds as you find them worst-case scenarios you might have a couple seeds but most likely not. On a side note beautiful profile picture do you fish there?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Littletrout
      Littletrout commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Farley, thanks, going forward I will just pluck the bananas out. I would love to fish there. I have many pics of streams I do fish but they are not on this iPad Stream fishing is my favorite!

• Deadhead91
      Deadhead91 commented
      Editing a comment
      My plant hermied too and mr.furleys advice about this helped it so much I doubt I'll end up with seeds or very few at least

Howdy Littletrout, I would not cut them off because that when they are seen, they have already put our some pollen. My experience with the 'nanners' has been that first, they do not produce a great amount of seeds. My last grow had nanners and has only produced about 37 seeds so far out of over seven ounces of bud. And secondly, (so far) ALL of the seeds produced are female. I am currently on My second grow using My 'naturally made' feminized seeds. The first grow with them yielded just less than eight ounces of bud from three plants. Two of the plants did not completely mature due to a brown algae bloom.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Littletrout
      Littletrout commented
      Editing a comment
      Dw2 thank you

That is one beautiful looking plant you have done great so far. As far as bananas go... I see none. Zero. Not any I can see with that picture perhaps zoom in on what you are seeing and point to it.

Bananas are stress related, certain sativa strains have a tendency more than indicas. Your plants don't look stressed at all. You would probably see "ball sacks" also if your plant was trying to hermaphrodite. "Ball sacks" will make seeds in your crops but nanners don't effect much.

One impulsive decision made with skewed logic can severely hurt your yield, trust me I am saying his from experience with lots of knee-jerk reactions that I look back in and shake my head.

Leave your plants alone for now and do what you been doing, they look well on their way to a successful grow.

Comment

• Littletrout
      Littletrout commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you kingkush!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X